May 30, 2012, 4:01 PM EDT
Seriously, we’re not past this?
The next chapter in Texas A&M University’s desire to protect words and phrases that have become common use items may now be written to include D.C. United.
Texas A&M is the home of the 12th Man, as you may or may not know. But if you live closer to the nation’s capital, perhaps you know RFK as the home of the 12th man. (Seriously, can’t the 12th Man have a couple of homes? Perhaps a main residence and a summer house, as well? Heck, why can’t the 12th Man have 12 homes? Seems about right.)
Actually, this is all a revisit to events past attached to RFK. According to the Washington Post, D.C. United was contacted back in 2008 about the 12th Man kerfuffle when a banner went up that included the exploited words.
Or, perhaps you remember the 2006 dust-up involving Texas A&M and the Seattle Seahawks?
- Where Landon Donovan’s afternoon takes us in the ongoing U.S. national team debate 3
- Philadelphia’s Jack McInerney would be league’s youngest Golden Boot winner 1
- Talking points on Portland’s 2-2 draw with Vancouver 0
- PSG president confirms Saturday was likely David Beckham’s farewell match 3
- As Alex Ferguson says goodbye, Manchester United’s cupboard remains stocked 1
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago