May 31, 2012, 11:45 AM EDT
Any German I know was gained while watching Hogan’s Heroes reruns as a kid. And I suppose I picked up enough scraps of Deutsch during the 2006 World Cup to eat properly over six weeks.
Still, my German is thin as watery wedding soup. But if I’m not mistaken, I do believe this piece says Terrence Boyd is one signature away from a move to Rapid Vienna.
The potential change first game to U.S. attention about a week ago in this piece.
The Austrian Football Bundesliga is not a top European association. Not even close. So, bad move for Boyd?
Not necessarily, especially considering this looks like a loan. Boyd appeared just once last year for German champions Borussia Dortmund (for the first team, that is). And even though the 21-year-old U.S. international has a bright future, playing time would probably be sparse again over the 2012-13 season.
Austria’s league isn’t great, but it’s probably a step above the competition Boyd gets in Dortmund reserve matches. Plus, the stakes are greater as Rapid battles for a top-tier title in the country.
- Southampton’s new Canadian Chairman chats growth in North America, NHL roots, Saints’ future 0
- American soccer mourns the death of former MLS player Shawn Kuykendall, 32 0
- Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney muses on captaincies, laments Liverpool’s strong season 1
- Robben and Wenger have war of words in latest Champions League diving debate 2
- Arsenal’s Ozil out for “at least a few weeks” after injury in Champions League 0
- Preview: Barcelona, Manchester City stumble into Champions League second leg; PSG set to rest Ibrahimovic 0
- UEFA Investigate Bayern Munich's Kosovo Related Banner
- Arsenal's $64m Midfielder Strikes Out Again
- CR7 is a Superstar Both on and Off the Pitch
- Pareja Could Have Decision Looming at D-Mid
- Quakes Hit 94th Minute Goal to Tie Toluca in CONCACAF CL
- For the Red Bulls, Mistakes are Better Early Than Late
- If Man City Ever Stood a Chance, it’s Right Now
- Strootman Loss Detrimental to Roma
- Rooney Reveals Desire to Captain United and England
- Thistle Manager Sent Off While Playing For His Team's Under-20s