May 31, 2012, 11:45 AM EDT
Any German I know was gained while watching Hogan’s Heroes reruns as a kid. And I suppose I picked up enough scraps of Deutsch during the 2006 World Cup to eat properly over six weeks.
Still, my German is thin as watery wedding soup. But if I’m not mistaken, I do believe this piece says Terrence Boyd is one signature away from a move to Rapid Vienna.
The potential change first game to U.S. attention about a week ago in this piece.
The Austrian Football Bundesliga is not a top European association. Not even close. So, bad move for Boyd?
Not necessarily, especially considering this looks like a loan. Boyd appeared just once last year for German champions Borussia Dortmund (for the first team, that is). And even though the 21-year-old U.S. international has a bright future, playing time would probably be sparse again over the 2012-13 season.
Austria’s league isn’t great, but it’s probably a step above the competition Boyd gets in Dortmund reserve matches. Plus, the stakes are greater as Rapid battles for a top-tier title in the country.
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Lambert to West Brom, Balotelli back to Italy 2
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester United 5
- MLS All Stars 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: Kaka powers MLS to win 5
- Men in Blazers podcast: Chelsea’s John Terry joins Rog and Davo 0
- Swiss star Barnetta moves to MLS; Orlando City signs a pair of Europeans 4
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester City 1