May 31, 2012, 11:45 AM EDT
Any German I know was gained while watching Hogan’s Heroes reruns as a kid. And I suppose I picked up enough scraps of Deutsch during the 2006 World Cup to eat properly over six weeks.
Still, my German is thin as watery wedding soup. But if I’m not mistaken, I do believe this piece says Terrence Boyd is one signature away from a move to Rapid Vienna.
The potential change first game to U.S. attention about a week ago in this piece.
The Austrian Football Bundesliga is not a top European association. Not even close. So, bad move for Boyd?
Not necessarily, especially considering this looks like a loan. Boyd appeared just once last year for German champions Borussia Dortmund (for the first team, that is). And even though the 21-year-old U.S. international has a bright future, playing time would probably be sparse again over the 2012-13 season.
Austria’s league isn’t great, but it’s probably a step above the competition Boyd gets in Dortmund reserve matches. Plus, the stakes are greater as Rapid battles for a top-tier title in the country.
- Report: David Moyes to be fired as Manchester United manager 0
- Lionel Messi set to receive improved deal from Barcelona 0
- Premier League Title Watch: Liverpool inches closer 0
- Premier League Preview: Manchester City v. West Brom 0
- Quick Six: Liverpool inches closer, Moyes’ reception, and the rest of the headlines from the BPL weekend 0
- WATCH: Blackpool coach sent off after hitting own player in face 1