Jun 1, 2012, 12:59 PM EDT
It’s not that Euro 2012 won’t be great, but as we were reminded two years ago in South Africa, sometimes the best things about international soccer happen around the game.
This year’s European Championships may be hard-pressed to top what the Guardian’s doing to profile Euro’s 16 participants. Rather than recycle the snapshots almost every outlet uses in the run up, England’s go to source has teamed James Richardson and Damn Fine Media to provide something much better.
Here’s their animated history of the Spain national team.
They’ve also get England and Ireland up on their YouTube channel, but if you’re patient, we’ll probably get around to posting them here.
ProSoccerTalk is doing its best to keep you up to date on what’s going on in Poland and Ukraine. Check out the site’s Euro 2012 page and look at the site’s previews, predictions, and coverage of all the events defining UEFA’s championship.
- Official: Neymar to join Barcelona 1
- Bayern Munich – Borussia Dortmund: The tactics and the game’s shifting momentum 0
- Bayern Munich 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Robben the hero, Bayern crowned Champions League winners 4
- Two last points on the Robbie Rogers trade news 1
- Champions League final preview: A bitter rivalry with much higher stakes 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (25)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- USA Today reports LA Galaxy trade Mike Magee for rights to Robbie Rogers (14)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?