Jun 2, 2012, 8:09 PM EDT
This picture, apparently showing Clint Dempsey’s high school yearbook, has been making the rounds on Twitter ever since a fan tweeted at the U.S. star Saturday:
Why are we just hearing about this now?!?
This should be Dempsey’s Twitter profile picture, his Facebook cover art – his driver’s license photo! When he goes through customs are Heathrow, he should just show this to the customs agent and say “Ask me where I see myself in five minutes: On my way home.”
And then he’d strike that post. It is, without a doubt, the most Clint Dempsey thing ever. As you read this, somebody’s registering @deucesjaw on Twitter. ClintDempseysJawline.tumblr.com? I’m sure it’s already gone.
Even better: Imagine all the parents in Nacogdoches who, when flipping through their kids’ yearbook, saw “that Dempsey boy” with that look and that quote and said “oh, boy. Aubrey and Debbie sure have a live one on their hands.”
Well, I guess they had the last laugh. It took Clint six years (not five) to make it to Europe.
Oh, that Dempsey boy.
- With MLS expansion done for now, where the league priorities should land 7
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? 24
- Champions League Final infographic: Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich 0
- NWSL Game of the Week: Sky Blue FC vs. FC Kansas City 0
- Yahoo! reports: Mourinho to sign 4-year deal with Chelsea, will be unveiled June 2 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (24)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination