Jun 4, 2012, 3:06 PM EDT
Somebody remind me, how many times did Lucy pull the football away from Charlie Brown before ol’ Chuck finally figured it out, finally decided he was being naïve about it all?
Oh, that’s right. He never did.
Well, call me Charlie Brown, but I still get a little excited when I see stadium news out of Washington, D.C., an MLS market that so desperately needs a dedicated facility – one that’s not a broken bolt or two away from being officially condemned.
A study has just been discovered that says a new 24,000-seat D.C. Untied stadium would cost at least $157 million, but might just generate more than $7 million a year in tax revenue.
Fans that have followed the most troubled hill of Don Garber Valley (facility-wise, that is) know all too well: studies and press conferences regarding facility development, even when they seem to hold so much promise, have reliably devolved into fool’s gold.
A study doesn’t move the effort to get out of dilapidated RFK Stadium very far, but it’s something. And in case this turns into something – and someday, hopefully, one of these will – you are now up to speed.
- Huge cost of World Cups: Did we needed a protest like Brazil’s to point out the obvious? 0
- Early returns from England’s offseason tell a tale of two Manchesters 0
- This André Villas-Boas to Paris Saint-Germain link makes more sense by the day 0
- Three good questions for Clint Dempsey – Part III: Shunning complacency, and his second season at Tottenham Hotspur 2
- Three good questions for Clint Dempsey – Part II: London calling 1
- Criticism, negativity may leave Seattle with few rewards for their hosting efforts (20)
- What we learned from Tuesday’s U.S. win over Panama (19)
- Which U.S. men have locked up World Cup roster spots? (16)
- Three huge positives to take from USA’s convincing win over Panama (15)
- Broadcast of U.S. v. Panama was second highest audience for World Cup Qualifier (14)
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- PBT: Unheralded Green could steal NBA Finals MVP
- Play Video: Police clash with protesters in Brazil
- Play Video: Highlights: Sounders win in final minutes
- Play Video: Highlights: Revolution dismantle Galaxy
- Play Video: What does New York FC have to do to succeed?
- Play Video: The Hype: Bending the screen like Beckham
- Play Video: Galaxy's Rogers talks about coming out to the public