Jun 7, 2012, 1:06 PM EDT
Two super-quick stories about former U.S. international Alexi Lalas:
1) I was at dinner last week with a women who swears that in 2008, Lalas shotgunned a Red Bull and then promptly spilled it all over her. I texted Lalas about it while we sat there. His response: “If I had a dollar … [for every time that happened].” Funny stuff.
2) He just said on Twitter that he and Michael Ballack “conquered West Hartford, CT last night. It never had a chance.” Indeed.
Ballack, of course, is doing some studio analyst for ESPN, Lalas’ network, during the European Championship.
But all of this is really just an excuse to post this awesome Alexi Lalas photo retrospective.
By the way, going all the way back to the 1994 World Cup, when Lalas was just a young goatee of a center back and I was just a young reporter, there really hasn’t been a nicer guy to work with.
- VIDEO: “I Was There” visits LA Blues and LA Red Army for Chelsea’s win over United 0
- VIDEO: Bayern Munich’s Thomas Muller grabs megaphone, leads fans’ celebrations 3
- Bayern Munich 6-1 (7-4, agg.) FC Porto: Bayern obliterate Porto to reach UCL semifinal 2
- Barcelona 2-0 (5-1, agg.) Paris Saint-Germain: Neymar brace eases Barca into Champions League semifinals 0
- FOLLOW LIVE – Champions League: Bayern Munich, PSG aim to overturn 3-1 deficits to Barcelona, FC Porto 0
- Chris Smalling signs new Manchester United contract through 2019 0