Jun 7, 2012, 1:06 PM EST
Two super-quick stories about former U.S. international Alexi Lalas:
1) I was at dinner last week with a women who swears that in 2008, Lalas shotgunned a Red Bull and then promptly spilled it all over her. I texted Lalas about it while we sat there. His response: “If I had a dollar … [for every time that happened].” Funny stuff.
2) He just said on Twitter that he and Michael Ballack “conquered West Hartford, CT last night. It never had a chance.” Indeed.
Ballack, of course, is doing some studio analyst for ESPN, Lalas’ network, during the European Championship.
But all of this is really just an excuse to post this awesome Alexi Lalas photo retrospective.
By the way, going all the way back to the 1994 World Cup, when Lalas was just a young goatee of a center back and I was just a young reporter, there really hasn’t been a nicer guy to work with.
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 0
- Recap: LA Galaxy grab 1-0 lead over Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Championship 1
- Despite artificial turf, New York Red Bulls’ Thierry Henry says he’ll play next week at New England 1
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 6
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 1
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 3