Jun 7, 2012, 1:06 PM EST
Two super-quick stories about former U.S. international Alexi Lalas:
1) I was at dinner last week with a women who swears that in 2008, Lalas shotgunned a Red Bull and then promptly spilled it all over her. I texted Lalas about it while we sat there. His response: “If I had a dollar … [for every time that happened].” Funny stuff.
2) He just said on Twitter that he and Michael Ballack “conquered West Hartford, CT last night. It never had a chance.” Indeed.
Ballack, of course, is doing some studio analyst for ESPN, Lalas’ network, during the European Championship.
But all of this is really just an excuse to post this awesome Alexi Lalas photo retrospective.
By the way, going all the way back to the 1994 World Cup, when Lalas was just a young goatee of a center back and I was just a young reporter, there really hasn’t been a nicer guy to work with.
- WATCH: Premier League live on NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 29 0
- Americans Abroad Preview: European-based Americans back in action 0
- PST writers predict the 2014 Major League Soccer standings, do you agree? 3
- After monumental rebuild, Seattle Sounders target MLS Cup title. Can Sigi Schmid bring success? 3
- 2014 Season Preview: Welcome to the last year of MLS 2.0 6
- WATCH: Premier League TV Schedule – Week 29 0
- Liga MX Week 10 Round-Up: Toluca Keeps Climbing
- New Look Whitecaps Aim to hit Ground Running Against NY Red Bulls
- Three Star Toluca Dominate in Victory Over Puebla
- Sweden Clash U.S. Women's National Team Undefeated 2-Year Record
- Captain America to Visit Chivas USA
- Lockout Virus Continues, MLS to Start 2014 with Replacement Refs
- Revs To Rely on Intensity, Depth in Opener vs. Dynamo
- Three Keys & One Standout for Toronto FC
- The John Strong Interview. Part 1 - MLS 2014
- Gonzalo Pineda: ''Playing Outside of Mexico Has Always Been a Goal''