Jun 7, 2012, 1:06 PM EST
Two super-quick stories about former U.S. international Alexi Lalas:
1) I was at dinner last week with a women who swears that in 2008, Lalas shotgunned a Red Bull and then promptly spilled it all over her. I texted Lalas about it while we sat there. His response: “If I had a dollar … [for every time that happened].” Funny stuff.
2) He just said on Twitter that he and Michael Ballack “conquered West Hartford, CT last night. It never had a chance.” Indeed.
Ballack, of course, is doing some studio analyst for ESPN, Lalas’ network, during the European Championship.
But all of this is really just an excuse to post this awesome Alexi Lalas photo retrospective.
By the way, going all the way back to the 1994 World Cup, when Lalas was just a young goatee of a center back and I was just a young reporter, there really hasn’t been a nicer guy to work with.
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0