Jun 10, 2012, 9:15 AM EDT
TAMPA, Fla. – “Three points is the starting point that we needed to have, and we have that.”
So says U.S. manager Jurgen Klinsmann. And true that.
I know some people have different feelings about a 3-1 win that was certainly less than overwhelming, and yet everything the United States needed in the standings.
Listen for yourself as Klinsmann and some of his players talk about the Friday’s victory … and begin to look ahead to a much tougher test Tuesday down in Guatemala.
- USA Today reports LA Galaxy trade Mike Magee for rights to Robbie Rogers 6
- With MLS expansion done for now, where the league priorities should land 8
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? 24
- Champions League Final infographic: Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich 0
- NWSL Game of the Week: Sky Blue FC vs. FC Kansas City 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (24)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final