Jun 10, 2012, 9:15 AM EST
TAMPA, Fla. – “Three points is the starting point that we needed to have, and we have that.”
So says U.S. manager Jurgen Klinsmann. And true that.
I know some people have different feelings about a 3-1 win that was certainly less than overwhelming, and yet everything the United States needed in the standings.
Listen for yourself as Klinsmann and some of his players talk about the Friday’s victory … and begin to look ahead to a much tougher test Tuesday down in Guatemala.
Dec 18, 2013, 11:39 PM EST
Chelsea has a problem. They must. The solution, however, is harder to find.
Dec 18, 2013, 9:56 PM EST
Two games or one? Arsenal’s going to make the case for the lighter punishment, according to Wednesday’s reports.
Dec 18, 2013, 8:51 PM EST
Donovan’s goal may have been the favorite, but Wambach’s goal won U.S. Soccer’s tournament.
Dec 18, 2013, 7:57 PM EST
You need this to keep up – because this has been a period of managerial transition like none other in Major League Soccer:
Dec 18, 2013, 7:05 PM EST
He gets a mulligan on a 2013 that went all kinds of wrong:
Dec 18, 2013, 6:09 PM EST
City, United are on opposite sides of the bracket for January’s semifinals.
Dec 18, 2013, 5:30 PM EST
A rocket from Ashley Young broke a second half stalemate and moved the Red Devils into the League Cup’s last four.
Dec 18, 2013, 4:59 PM EST
Tim Sherwood’s debut as caretaker for Spurs ends in disappointment as West Ham come back at White Hate Lane.
Dec 18, 2013, 4:35 PM EST
A late penalty kick sends the host nation’s representatives on to face Bayern Munich.
Dec 18, 2013, 4:04 PM EST
The former league MVP may get a second go in his hometown:
Dec 18, 2013, 3:28 PM EST
Coming off that awful season, United makes the New York Red Bulls’ striker the first pick of Wednesday’s Stage Two Re-entry draft:
Dec 18, 2013, 2:50 PM EST
If Brek Shea cannot get into Mark Hughes’ lineup or on his bench for the this competition … :
Dec 18, 2013, 2:31 PM EST
Saints’ hot-headed striker in hot water, after sideline scuffle brings FA charge his way:
Dec 18, 2013, 2:10 PM EST
An in-depth look at the land-locked region where intense rivalries burn brightly, while industry, fandom and history unite:
Dec 18, 2013, 12:15 PM EST
With a massive opportunity to impress, here’s how Spurs’ interim boss can stick around:
Dec 18, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
Impact hand reigns to ex-Chicago Fire boss, as Klopas signs three-year deal:
Dec 18, 2013, 10:35 AM EST
Top Spanish sides investigated as “irregular public funding” is alleged by EU. Do new Financial Fair Play rules have anything to do with this?
Dec 18, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
After another defeat, the ‘Special One’ bemoans Chelsea’s lack of ruthlessness:
Dec 18, 2013, 9:15 AM EST
De Rosario, Ruiz and Ferreira all up for grabs. Plus plenty of other gems available:
Dec 18, 2013, 8:32 AM EST
After everything, Becks’ love for United remains. And the ex-MLS star sees a bright future ahead for United:
- Abby Wambach’s 2011 goal against Brazil voted best moment in U.S. Soccer history 1
- Young’s blast, Evra’s insurance see Manchester United into League Cup semifinals 0
- Late Jarvis, Maiga goals see West Ham past Tottenham, into League Cup semifinals 0
- Welcome to the Midlands: A trip to the heartland of English soccer 1
- Frank Klopas named Montreal Impact head coach 2
- Real Madrid, Barcelona under investigation from EU 2
- Tottenham is using blood spinning treatment on its players, and nobody seems to know if it’s doping (12)
- Report: Clint Dempsey will join Fulham on Jan. 1 for two-month loan (11)
- Spurs in hunt for new boss after sacking Andre Villas-Boas (10)
- MLS announces Bayern Munich as opponent for 2014 All-Star Game in Portland (7)
- Intel’s giving Barcelona $25 million for a kit sponsorship you may never see (7)
- Hodgson's Manaus Plan is Flawed
- Wilmer Cabrera on WC Draw: ''It's an Even Group''
- Germany Building Training Facility in Brazil
- Spain Thinking of US Camp Before World Cup
- Don't count out Chile in WC Group B
- Kicking it Off with a Final
- VIDEO: Visa World Cup Promo
- Aurelien Collin: I Think France is Very Very Happy
- Klinsmann Shouldn't Have Been Re-signed Before WC
- You Can't Beat German Sachlichkeit