Jun 10, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
The United States national team men had gathered in their Tampa hotel to watch the first two days of European Championships – most of them, anyway.
Today? Not so much.
They have business ahead, and it started with a long flight Sunday from Florida into Guatemala.
That flight, in fact, was among the reasons U.S. Soccer picked Tampa for Friday’s qualifier opener. Better to start somewhere in the southeast rather than adding another 2-4 hours to a lengthy travel day.
But enough about logistics. The whole reason for this post was to show you Maurice Edu’s picture, one he shared Sunday via Twitter. (That’s midfield mate Jermaine Jones, left, with Edu.)
- Jack McInerney would be league’s youngest Golden Boot winner 0
- Talking points on Portland’s 2-2 draw with Vancouver 0
- PSG president confirms Saturday was likely David Beckham’s farewell match 2
- As Alex Ferguson says goodbye, Manchester United’s cupboard remains stocked 0
- Bayern Munich finish German season 25 points ahead of Borussia Dortmund 0
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago