Jun 10, 2012, 7:00 AM EDT
KIEV — PST proprietor Steve was nice enough to let me chronicle my trip to the Ukraine for the European Championship, so I’ll be bringing you lovely people dispatches throughout the next week from the ground. A friend and I are headed into the stadiums for Netherlands-Germany (suddenly so much more important for the Dutch) and England-Sweden, and we’ll also be bouncing around various cities trying to get a lay of the land and find Jimmy Conrad.
A couple quick thoughts before I crash for a bit since the last time I slept in a proper bed was before the United States-Antigua and Barbuda match
* There are lots of Swedish fans streaming into Kiev for tomorrow’s opening match against the home country. I’m sure they will be significantly outnumbered, but it’s nice to see them arrive regardless. Plus, both teams are blue and yellow anyway, so how can you tell who’s rooting for who?
* The aforementioned Swedish fans have quite the appetite for Jagermeister.
* The dedicated Euro 2012 lines (see above) at customs in the Kiev airport are amazingly convenient.
* It poured earlier today. It’s hard to tell from the video below, but trust us. Even our cab driver was impressed.
Apr 25, 2015, 11:58 AM EDT
Nigel Pearson was fired last month, or so we were led to believe. Now his Foxes have escaped the drop zone with a dramatic win at Turf Moor.
Apr 25, 2015, 11:10 AM EDT
“I was focused on my job but was a very tough and emotional game for me,” said Tottenham’s boss.
Apr 25, 2015, 11:06 AM EDT
Tense times for plenty of teams in the PL.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:58 AM EDT
Can the Tigers maul the Eagles? Watch live online.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:47 AM EDT
Turf Moor is the place, and Danny Ings will lead the Clarets attack in a quest for safety.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
Can the R’s grab a crucial win in the London derby? Watch live online.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:44 AM EDT
USMNT back Geoff Cameron gets the start at right back, again, for Stoke City.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:42 AM EDT
Kelvin Davis wasn’t poor, but Saints are clearly missing the steady play of Fraser Forster between the sticks.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Can Liverpool keep their faint top four hopes alive? Watch them live online, right here.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:28 AM EDT
There will be no Bafetimbi Gomis at all for Swans, while Ki Sung-yeung is relegated to the bench.
Apr 25, 2015, 7:15 AM EDT
Where and how to watch every single PL game live online or via the app during Week 34.
Apr 25, 2015, 7:07 AM EDT
USMNT winger/back DeAndre Yedlin is on the bench for Spurs.
Apr 25, 2015, 12:21 AM EDT
FC Dallas took the lead into halftime, but a second half red card to Blas Perez let Colorado sneak back for a point.
Apr 24, 2015, 11:10 PM EDT
Tony Pulis is known for turning around struggling clubs, but the West Brom manager says he is more than just a last resort.
Apr 24, 2015, 10:20 PM EDT
David Accam’s first MLS goal was enough for Chicago to down a NYCFC side that played more than 60 minutes a man down.
Apr 24, 2015, 9:38 PM EDT
Tim Howard takes on his former club Manchester United, while Brad Guzan looks to keep Manchester City off the scoresheet.
Apr 24, 2015, 8:50 PM EDT
Finding a club to pay his $150,000 per week wages is the only problem for Spurs.
Apr 24, 2015, 7:46 PM EDT
The Baggies must defend The Hawthorns as Liverpool is barely clinging on to top-four dreams.
Apr 24, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
Clinging onto safety in the Premier League, Hull City players now have some added incentive to avoid the drop.
Apr 24, 2015, 5:37 PM EDT
Still in his first season as manager at Old Trafford, LVG has already endorsed his top assistant to be the next in line.
- Burnley 0-1 Leicester City: Foxes move out of drop zone, send Clarets bottom! 0
- Southampton 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur: Visitors twice come back from Pelle goals 0
- Watch Live: West Bromwich Albion vs. Liverpool (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- WATCH: Premier League live online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 34 0
- Watch Live: Southampton vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Premier League Preview: West Bromwich Albion vs. Liverpool 0