Jun 14, 2012, 7:30 PM EST
The European Championship have sucked all the air from the room at ProSoccerTalk headquarters.
It’s like being in an Eastern European bar; you have to walk outside to get a good breath of non-Euro air.
So, we owe an apology to the good folks from the Montreal Impact. Because L’Impact is about to pop the top on Major League Soccer’s newest stadium. (It’s actually an expansion of the old grounds, but this is much more than a spruce up. And since it represents the newest ground introduced to MLS, not to mention that Montreal is an expansion side in MLS, let’s just go with “new” and move on, please.)
Ordinarily, we’d be Chief Engineers on the Enthusiasm Express regarding a new stadium, talking up one side and down the other on any new facility. We certainly did when the Dynamo opened its new facility a month back.
So let’s start catching up, prepping the way we should for Saturday’s opener, when the Impact breaks the seal on Stade Saputo by hosting the Seattle Sounders.
Here’s a video tour of the ground to get us started. (Some of this is in French, but not all, so hang in there if you don’t speak that language.)
- MLS roundup: LA Galaxy, Orlando, Red Bulls, Union, RSL, 13 others in preseason finales 0
- WATCH: NYCFC’s Mix Diskerud hits a screamer from 20 yards 0
- WATCH: Michael Bradley, Sebastian Giovinco combine for Jozy Altidore’s first Toronto FC goal 4
- Premier League Sunday preview: Big boys tangle ahead of League Cup final 0
- Bundesliga wrap: Dortmund and Bayern flying high with big goal performances 0
- Premier League roundup: Manchester United go third, tight wins elsewhere 0