Jun 14, 2012, 7:30 PM EDT
The European Championship have sucked all the air from the room at ProSoccerTalk headquarters.
It’s like being in an Eastern European bar; you have to walk outside to get a good breath of non-Euro air.
So, we owe an apology to the good folks from the Montreal Impact. Because L’Impact is about to pop the top on Major League Soccer’s newest stadium. (It’s actually an expansion of the old grounds, but this is much more than a spruce up. And since it represents the newest ground introduced to MLS, not to mention that Montreal is an expansion side in MLS, let’s just go with “new” and move on, please.)
Ordinarily, we’d be Chief Engineers on the Enthusiasm Express regarding a new stadium, talking up one side and down the other on any new facility. We certainly did when the Dynamo opened its new facility a month back.
So let’s start catching up, prepping the way we should for Saturday’s opener, when the Impact breaks the seal on Stade Saputo by hosting the Seattle Sounders.
Here’s a video tour of the ground to get us started. (Some of this is in French, but not all, so hang in there if you don’t speak that language.)
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Liverpool win late; Real Madrid, Dortmund victorious 0
- Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Arsenal: Gunners outclassed by BVB 0
- Liverpool 2-1 Ludogorets: Gerrard grabs last-gasp winner after scare 0
- Premier League player of month on pace for 67 goals (video) 0
- Open Cup final preview: Is a championship coming to Philly tonight? 0
- Arsenal’s defending depth fears could be on display against Dortmund 4