Jun 21, 2012, 2:15 PM EDT
It was fun while it lasted.
Juventus pulled out of its July 28 match with D.C. United and is reportedly canceling its participation in the Herbalife World Football Challenge as well. The club was scheduled to play Paris Saint-Germain in Montreal and Real Madrid in Las Vegas.
The Italian club recently announced it would be heading to China for a Supercoppa Italiana game against Napoli in the second week of August, and manager Antonio Conte (pictured above thinks it will be too much travel. Flying charters is so difficult.
United is taking the news in stride, saying they “already in discussions with another, major European team to fill that date and will share opponent and ticketing details as a deal is finalized.” Even if that doesn’t happen, fans of the beautiful game can still get their fill of high-level clashes on the 28th: Liverpool takes on Tottenham Hotspur in Baltimore that afternoon.
- USMNT legend McBride, Jaguars president helping select Fulham manager 0
- Confirmed: Rooney out three Manchester United matches after red card 0
- Premier League player of the week – Round 6 0
- PST’s MLS Player of the Week: An L.A. Galaxy guy for sure, but who? 0
- WATCH: Men In Blazers recap derby weekend, visit with Brandon McCarthy 0
- MLS salaries released, showing Kaka nets MLS-record $7.1 million 4