Jun 21, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
We’re back again with another attempt to convince you, our wonderful readers, to pay attention to one of the weekend’s lesser known MLS matches.
This weekend, everyone is going to be talking about San Jose against RSL on Saturday, and the great Portland-Seattle, New York-D.C. doubleheader on Sunday, but give us Houston-Montreal.
- Goals goals goals. Both teams score frequently and concede at a similar rate. Not fun for the coaches, but great for the fans.
- Saputo Stadium. Everyone loves a new venue.
- Eastern Conference rivalry, yo. (Sure, neither of these teams was in the east last year, but whatever.
- On that note, don’t you want to say you watched the first regular season matchup between the two squads.
- Call us crazy, but we just sort of like the Impact.
Enjoy the games, everyone.
- With PSG willing to match Wayne Rooney’s wages, Manchester United has somebody to bail them out 3
- Looking at the United States’ roster ahead of their Canada rematch 1
- A stadium for New York City FC – tougher than you think 8
- Claudio Reyna announced as New York City FC Director of Football 0
- Possible temporary homes for New York City FC 9
- Bigger impact on U.S. soccer growth: David Beckham or Pele? (35)
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (17)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Landon Donovan and a Gold Cup squeeze? He deserves better (9)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault