Jun 21, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
Soccer birthdays: UEFA president Michel Platini turns 57 today. Celebrate by pretending that a bunch of really bad things and a bunch of things that really are nonsensical just don’t exist.
Ahead on the blog today*: Richard Farley took a much deserved break Wednesday after two weeks of Euro 2012 analysis that was as solid as an up-armored military Humvee. He’ll be back at it today as the tourney quarters kick off in Warsaw. (Pictured is Portuguese coach Paulo Bento, whose team plays today.)
Plus, we’ll tell you what you should know about yesterday’s half-dozen of mid-week MLS matches.
Big Important Story of the Day: Somebody’s going through in Warsaw; the winner meets Saturday’s France-Spain winner.
What we should all watch on TV:
Euro 2012 quarterfinal: Czech Republic vs. Portugal, 2:45 p.m., ESPN
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Tony DiCicco
Twitter daps: Times MLS Insider (@MLS_Insider): Hearing that kickoff in #RSLvLA is gonna be a bit later than expected. Pretty funny that the team from LA has traffic issues in Utah.*Always subject to change; you know how it is
Music industry and soccer provocateur Shawn Francis (@TheOffsideRules): David Beckham: the lost Musketeer.
We’ll leave you with this: Off days really stink when you’ve grown accustomed fantastic, major-tournament soccer each and every day.
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Everton, Man United, Man City, Stoke 0
- Watching a UEFA Champions League game with US star Geoff Cameron 0
- WATCH: PST Extra previews Liverpool vs. Manchester City 0
- Jose Mourinho reveals love for League Cup ahead of Chelsea’s final vs. Tottenham 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 27 0
- New York City FC confirm they tried to sign Xavi, will try again in 2015 0