Jun 22, 2012, 2:24 PM EDT
As we’ve mentioned around here before, The Sun is not England’s most reputable media content provider. They’re known for a political viewpoint, Page 3 girls and playing a little fast and loose with any rumor, whisper or gathering of newsy intelligence that’s captured by hook or by crook.
So take this for what it’s worth, but a piece today from The Sun says that U.S. captain Carlos Bocanegra is “all but tied up” with Vancouver of Major League Soccer.
If true, what a story that would be.
Vancouver has a very good center back in former U.S. international Jay DeMerit and an OK one in Martin Bonjour. Having Bonjour as a third while forming a central partnership of Bocanegra and DeMerit could elevate the Whitecaps to serious contender status. (Especially as Middlebrough veteran Barry Robson is set to begin at BC Place as soon as the new transfer window opens.)
Rangers status and the top players’ contract situations are a complete mess, not only due to the historic club’s massive financial troubles, but due to the ongoing, attached ownership issues. The latest buzz has the Glasgow club selling off its top players, including Steven Davis, Steven Naismith, Allan McGregor and Bocanegra.
- Looking back at Week 6 of the NWSL season 1
- Movement in the LA Galaxy-Omar Gonzalez situation 5
- Premier League managerial pair blast squad and referee following final match 0
- VIDEOS: A brief history of recent “Olimpico” goals in MLS 3
- Where Landon Donovan’s afternoon takes us in the ongoing U.S. national team debate 7
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago