Jun 22, 2012, 7:00 AM EST
Soccer birthdays: Kieran Lee turns 24 today. Sorry, real slim pickin’s today. Would you rather Cédric Mongongou?
Ahead on the blog today*: The weekend ahead in MLS; the Under-17 team in Costa Rica; the Euros, obviously; anything else that catches our fancy
Big Important Story of the Day: Can Greece shock the world and stop the German run through the Euros? (And will the result of the game have any bearing on the future of Europe? Absolutely not? Okay then.)
What we should all watch on TV: Euro 2012 quarterfinal: Germany vs. Greece, 2:45 p.m., ESPN
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Briana Scurry
We’ll leave you with this: Are there four Euro quarterfinal days soccer’s finest showcase?
- PHOTOS: LA Galaxy, Real Salt Lake, Montreal Impact, Chicago Fire unveil new 2015 jerseys 1
- WATCH: Midweek Premier League TV schedule – Week 28 0
- 2015 MLS predictions: Cup winners? MVP? Lampard or Gerrard? Kaka or Giovinco? 2
- MLS Atlanta makes shrewd hire, bringing in Carlos Bocanegra as technical director 0
- BBC report: Sunderland’s Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sex with a 15-year-old girl 4
- Premier League Playback: Why Manchester City are throwing away the title 0