Jun 22, 2012, 7:00 AM EDT
Soccer birthdays: Kieran Lee turns 24 today. Sorry, real slim pickin’s today. Would you rather Cédric Mongongou?
Ahead on the blog today*: The weekend ahead in MLS; the Under-17 team in Costa Rica; the Euros, obviously; anything else that catches our fancy
Big Important Story of the Day: Can Greece shock the world and stop the German run through the Euros? (And will the result of the game have any bearing on the future of Europe? Absolutely not? Okay then.)
What we should all watch on TV: Euro 2012 quarterfinal: Germany vs. Greece, 2:45 p.m., ESPN
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Briana Scurry
We’ll leave you with this: Are there four Euro quarterfinal days soccer’s finest showcase?
- Report: AZ Alkmaar speaking with Werder Bremen about Aron Johannsson 0
- Premier League Goalkeeper preview: Who’s in our Top Five, and who switched clubs? 2
- Best starting lineups for all 20 Premier League teams – Do you agree? 7
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo storms out of interview: “Doesn’t give a ****” about FIFA 5
- VIDEO: Watch Arsene Wenger snub Jose Mourinho handshake. Who is in the wrong? 3
- Cristiano Ronaldo buys his agent a Greek island… as a wedding gift 1