Jun 22, 2012, 7:00 AM EST
Soccer birthdays: Kieran Lee turns 24 today. Sorry, real slim pickin’s today. Would you rather Cédric Mongongou?
Ahead on the blog today*: The weekend ahead in MLS; the Under-17 team in Costa Rica; the Euros, obviously; anything else that catches our fancy
Big Important Story of the Day: Can Greece shock the world and stop the German run through the Euros? (And will the result of the game have any bearing on the future of Europe? Absolutely not? Okay then.)
What we should all watch on TV: Euro 2012 quarterfinal: Germany vs. Greece, 2:45 p.m., ESPN
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Briana Scurry
We’ll leave you with this: Are there four Euro quarterfinal days soccer’s finest showcase?
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 3
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3
- Ludogorets 2-2 Liverpool: Late equalizer spells more misery for Reds, but there’s hope 1
- Men in Blazers podcast: Kyle Martino joins to talk Thanksgiving and tie knots 0
- Champions League Wednesday preview: Arsenal can advance, Liverpool need kick-start 1
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 1