Jun 25, 2012, 8:20 AM EDT
The standings are rarely crystal clear in Major League Soccer, where the “games played” tab rarely lines up for all teams across the board.
So who’s in first in the East this morning?
Is it the Red Bulls, who have 30 points from 16 games, which means a superior points-per-game rate?
Or is it the men of D.C. United, who have 30 points from 17 games but also boast a superior goal difference?
Or, should we just not worry about it? Because in the end, they’ll all play 34 games and then we’ll really know. Until then, it’s all just bluster, anyway.
So why don’t we all just get along … and watch the highlights of a delightful match, one that had goals, ebb, flow, tactical twists and turns and one amazing subplot – the guy who scored New York’s first two goals in a 3-2 win over D.C. United.
- Stock Falling: Which U.S. players’ statures are slipping … 2
- Get to your DVRs as soon as possible, because that Italy-Japan match was a classic 1
- Stock Rising: United States men whose values are rising out of Salt Lake 2
- MLS Preview: Portland Timbers at LA Galaxy 0
- Goal, assist from Neymar give Brazil win, prolong Mexico’s woes 2
- Graham Zusi keeps making it harder for Landon Donovan to get back into U.S. national team (29)
- Broadcast of U.S. v. Panama was second highest audience for World Cup Qualifier (14)
- Marseille’s hideous away kit one of the worst of all time (14)
- Orlando City dumps Sporting Kansas City out of U.S. Open Cup, extend unbeaten streak to 14 matches (13)
- It’s time FIFA reconsiders the Confederations Cup bid to the Oceania region (13)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup
- Play Video: Police clash with protesters in Brazil
- Play Video: Highlights: Sounders win in final minutes
- Play Video: Highlights: Revolution dismantle Galaxy
- Play Video: What does New York FC have to do to succeed?
- Play Video: The Hype: Bending the screen like Beckham
- Play Video: Galaxy's Rogers talks about coming out to the public