Jun 26, 2012, 11:13 AM EDT
The United States women’s national team is just 30 days out from its first Olympic match, July 25 in Glasgow against France.
The team is in Utah this week, prepping for its “send-off” match Saturday against Canada at Rio Tinto Stadium.
Before they all reported to Utah, Heather O’Reilly, Christie Rampone (pictured) and Carli Lloyd stopped by New York for a spot on the NBC’s Today Show.
Said Rampone, the team captain: “The team is doing great. I think we’re in a good spot. We came off a great tournament in Sweden. … We won the tournament. We feel confident, we’re fit, we’re ready.”
- Jamie Carragher set to close out his 16-year career at Anfield 0
- NWSL Game of the Week: Washington Spirit at Portland Thorns FC 1
- Something in common for Jurgen Klinsmann, Alex Ferguson 1
- Brek Shea in trouble? After crazy Stoke City prank goes wrong 7
- Copa del Rey final: Real Madrid vs. Atletico Madrid 3
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago