Jun 26, 2012, 11:13 AM EDT
The United States women’s national team is just 30 days out from its first Olympic match, July 25 in Glasgow against France.
The team is in Utah this week, prepping for its “send-off” match Saturday against Canada at Rio Tinto Stadium.
Before they all reported to Utah, Heather O’Reilly, Christie Rampone (pictured) and Carli Lloyd stopped by New York for a spot on the NBC’s Today Show.
Said Rampone, the team captain: “The team is doing great. I think we’re in a good spot. We came off a great tournament in Sweden. … We won the tournament. We feel confident, we’re fit, we’re ready.”
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Klinsmann’s USMNT struggles, experimentation in friendlies: Does it really matter? 2
- Klinsmann explains philosophy behind mad scientist lineups, formations for USMNT 4
- Russia wants full points from match abandoned after Akinfeev struck in head by flare (video) 0
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 7
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0