Jun 27, 2012, 1:12 PM EDT
I know I should be above this – but what can I say? Like last night’s over-helping of sea salt caramel gelato, it’s just too delicious to resist!
I’m speaking of the ongoing verbal fisticuffs over England and where the blame lies for the latest bit of un-greatness. I spoke of this earlier.
Here’s the latest: England manager Roy Hodgson has shown Fabio Capello the hand, dismissively waving off the former manager’s caustic comments about Wayne Rooney, labeling them “cheap.”
Capello is entitled to his opinions, I suppose. I don’t know what relationship he would have had with Wayne but I always think it’s a bit cheap to kid on a player who was so anxious to do well. If every player was a robot and played at the same level in every game then football would be a very simple game and we wouldn’t need coaches.”
Like I said, delicious. Still unbecoming and pretty unnecessary, but too hard to resist.
(Plus, it all begs the question: Should I continue to tag England stuff as “Euro 2012″ on our internal tagging system? … Well, I suppose I’ll give that one a good “think” over lunch.)
- UEFA Champions League preview: Juventus vs. Real Madrid in semifinal, 1st leg 1
- Premier League Playback: Title in the bag, can Chelsea now create a dynasty? 0
- Hull City 1-3 Arsenal: Gunners dominant in first half, cruise past Tigers 3
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 9 0
- Watch Live: Hull City vs. Arsenal (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Five things to look out for in UEFA Champions League semifinals 2