Jun 27, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
By this weekend, Oscar Boniek Garcia could be in uniform for Houston, doing the DP dance across some the BBVA Compass Field. The Dynamo hasn’t had a real creative presence since Dwayne De Rosario left in search of greater fortune, so it will be interesting to see how this affects matters of the Orange.
By this time next week, we’ll be wondering how Barry Robson will do in his Vancouver debut against Colorado in the Denver team’s traditional July 4 contest, assuming all goes as planned for the Whitecaps new DP.
But we won’t wait until the weekend or next week for all the new Designated Player unwrappings. New Montreal man Marco Di Vaio should be on the field tonight in the Major League Soccer’s only mid-week encounter. The expansion Impact meets Canadian rival Toronto at Stade Saputo, the Reds’ first venture into Montreal’s recently refurbished and re-opened ground.
The Impact’s new striker says he expects a physical game tonight. Of course, Di Vaio has spent most of his career in Serie A, so there’s little that Toronto can throw or kick in his direction that he hasn’t seen before.
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 0
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Will Johnson: We Weren't all Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear