Jun 27, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
By this weekend, Oscar Boniek Garcia could be in uniform for Houston, doing the DP dance across some the BBVA Compass Field. The Dynamo hasn’t had a real creative presence since Dwayne De Rosario left in search of greater fortune, so it will be interesting to see how this affects matters of the Orange.
By this time next week, we’ll be wondering how Barry Robson will do in his Vancouver debut against Colorado in the Denver team’s traditional July 4 contest, assuming all goes as planned for the Whitecaps new DP.
But we won’t wait until the weekend or next week for all the new Designated Player unwrappings. New Montreal man Marco Di Vaio should be on the field tonight in the Major League Soccer’s only mid-week encounter. The expansion Impact meets Canadian rival Toronto at Stade Saputo, the Reds’ first venture into Montreal’s recently refurbished and re-opened ground.
The Impact’s new striker says he expects a physical game tonight. Of course, Di Vaio has spent most of his career in Serie A, so there’s little that Toronto can throw or kick in his direction that he hasn’t seen before.
- In a career full of blunders, firing Carlo Ancelotti is Florentino Perez’s worst mistake yet 3
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: The managers 0
- Florentino Perez announces firing of Carlo Ancelotti by Real Madrid 0
- Middlesbrough 0-2 Norwich City: Comfortable Canaries back in Premier League 0
- Ten biggest storylines of the Premier League season that was 0
- VIDEO: Premier League’s Top 10 goals of the season, from A(dam) to Z(amora) 0