Jun 28, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
This week: Seattle enters Gillette. Two teams enter, one team returns. Unless it’s a draw, in which case both teams with sort of return and sort of stay. ANYHOW:
Why? Let us count the ways:
1) The Revs very nearly lost to Toronto FC last week. That’s horrible. They recovered in time to earn a road draw, but the demanding New England crowd won’t stand for last-minute heroics again. They will come out flying where they are 4-1-2 on the year.
2) Kyle McCarthy thinks the Revs have a good shot at winning. Far be it from me to disagree with those dreamy curly locks of his.
3) The Sounders need this. They started 7-1-1 before going 0-4-3, including a crushing loss to Portland last weekend. Gut check time, as the kids say.
4) Can we get a Steve Zakuani sighting?
5) Fredy Montero is suspended (reason: being a moron/jerk) but Eddie Johnson, Eddie Johnson, Eddie Johnson.
- Preview: Early cycle friendly shelves normal questions for U.S. national team’s return 1
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – The faith-destroying edition 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: LA Galaxy’s Landon Donovan 0
- What tomorrow’s goalkeeper platoon tells us about the U.S. goalkeeper void 6
- Jozy Altidore to captain U.S. Wednesday against Czech Republic 1
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 14