Jun 28, 2012, 7:00 PM EST
This week: Seattle enters Gillette. Two teams enter, one team returns. Unless it’s a draw, in which case both teams with sort of return and sort of stay. ANYHOW:
Why? Let us count the ways:
1) The Revs very nearly lost to Toronto FC last week. That’s horrible. They recovered in time to earn a road draw, but the demanding New England crowd won’t stand for last-minute heroics again. They will come out flying where they are 4-1-2 on the year.
2) Kyle McCarthy thinks the Revs have a good shot at winning. Far be it from me to disagree with those dreamy curly locks of his.
3) The Sounders need this. They started 7-1-1 before going 0-4-3, including a crushing loss to Portland last weekend. Gut check time, as the kids say.
4) Can we get a Steve Zakuani sighting?
5) Fredy Montero is suspended (reason: being a moron/jerk) but Eddie Johnson, Eddie Johnson, Eddie Johnson.
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0