Jun 28, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
This week: Seattle enters Gillette. Two teams enter, one team returns. Unless it’s a draw, in which case both teams with sort of return and sort of stay. ANYHOW:
Why? Let us count the ways:
1) The Revs very nearly lost to Toronto FC last week. That’s horrible. They recovered in time to earn a road draw, but the demanding New England crowd won’t stand for last-minute heroics again. They will come out flying where they are 4-1-2 on the year.
2) Kyle McCarthy thinks the Revs have a good shot at winning. Far be it from me to disagree with those dreamy curly locks of his.
3) The Sounders need this. They started 7-1-1 before going 0-4-3, including a crushing loss to Portland last weekend. Gut check time, as the kids say.
4) Can we get a Steve Zakuani sighting?
5) Fredy Montero is suspended (reason: being a moron/jerk) but Eddie Johnson, Eddie Johnson, Eddie Johnson.
- Tim Howard joins NBC Sports’ Premier League broadcast team on multi-year deal 6
- VIDEO: US stars fight – Omar Gonzalez vs. Clint Dempsey, DeAndre Yedlin 3
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw trains on his own, told he’s “not fit enough” 1
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 LA Galaxy 1
- Premier, Champions League quotas leave Mourinho desperate to sell Torres 4
- Van Gaal, Manchester United ready to move on from Fellaini, Kagawa 0