Jun 28, 2012, 4:10 PM EDT
Boca Juniors and Corinthians battled to an astonishing 1-1 draw in the first leg of the Copa Libertadores final last night in Buenos Aires.
Fernando Roncaglia opened the scoring in the 72nd minute with Romarinho equalizing late. Boca nearly got the victory, but a last-second header banged off the post.
The draw means Corinthians simply has to win next Wednesday and they will earn the trophy.
But don’t take my word for it. Watch the highlights:
- Spanish Super Cup: Late goal allows Atlético to claim first leg draw at Real Madrid 0
- UEFA Champions League Roundup: Arsenal held; Athletic takes 1-1 draw out of Naples 1
- PST Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Fabián Castillo 0
- Liverpool, Barca target could become youngest capped in Norway history 2
- Americans Abroad Wrap: US teenagers go distance for Fulham, Utrecht 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Celebrating the Premier League’s return (and a Mickey Rourke encounter) 3