Jun 28, 2012, 4:10 PM EDT
Boca Juniors and Corinthians battled to an astonishing 1-1 draw in the first leg of the Copa Libertadores final last night in Buenos Aires.
Fernando Roncaglia opened the scoring in the 72nd minute with Romarinho equalizing late. Boca nearly got the victory, but a last-second header banged off the post.
The draw means Corinthians simply has to win next Wednesday and they will earn the trophy.
But don’t take my word for it. Watch the highlights:
- $88 million Edinson Cavani linked to Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United 0
- Europa League Preview: Everton head to Russia, Spurs host Besiktas 0
- Report: Diego Maradona nearing deal to manage Palestinian National Team 1
- Three things we learned after Liverpool’s latest defeat, this time vs. Basel 5
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Arsenal cruise, Liverpool lose, Real Madrid win 1
- Arsenal 4-1 Galatasaray: Welbeck’s hat-trick leads 10-man Arsenal to victory 0