Jun 28, 2012, 4:10 PM EDT
Boca Juniors and Corinthians battled to an astonishing 1-1 draw in the first leg of the Copa Libertadores final last night in Buenos Aires.
Fernando Roncaglia opened the scoring in the 72nd minute with Romarinho equalizing late. Boca nearly got the victory, but a last-second header banged off the post.
The draw means Corinthians simply has to win next Wednesday and they will earn the trophy.
But don’t take my word for it. Watch the highlights:
- Americans Abroad Review: Bedoya buries one, Boyd bags brace 0
- David Moyes vilified on return to Everton, as Manchester United nightmare continues 0
- Everton 2-0 Manchester United: Toffees rampant in miserable return for Moyes 1
- Miami mayor hits back at Beckham stadium critics 2
- Norwich City 2-3 Liverpool: Sterling, Reds with one hand on the title 3
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Liverpool’s chance to tighten its grip; Fourth place in focus 0