Jun 28, 2012, 4:10 PM EDT
Boca Juniors and Corinthians battled to an astonishing 1-1 draw in the first leg of the Copa Libertadores final last night in Buenos Aires.
Fernando Roncaglia opened the scoring in the 72nd minute with Romarinho equalizing late. Boca nearly got the victory, but a last-second header banged off the post.
The draw means Corinthians simply has to win next Wednesday and they will earn the trophy.
But don’t take my word for it. Watch the highlights:
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? 7
- Three MLS sides chasing Carlton Cole? 0
- Champions League Final infographic: Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich 0
- NWSL Game of the Week: Sky Blue FC vs. FC Kansas City 0
- Yahoo! reports: Mourinho to sign 4-year deal with Chelsea, will be unveiled June 2 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Possible temporary homes for New York City FC (9)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional