Jun 29, 2012, 9:37 AM EDT
While the rest of us worry about where the U.S. international will play his club soccer this year – Fulham or elsewhere – Dempsey clearly has better things to worry about.
He posted these pictures on Twitter this morning, along with these messages:
“Got me a 6lbs Bass netted by @Mturza” (bottom photo)
“Just comparing, don’t worry I practice catch and release. Ha.” (photo right)
FYI, I know some of you will squint your eyes and “see” an obvious metaphor here, about Dempsey’s impending decision to be a “bigger fish in the smaller Fulham pond, or a smaller fish in the bigger Euro heavyweight club pond.”
Do try to resist this urge; I’m positive the man really is just, you know, fishing. He’s from East Texas; he does this stuff on vacation.
England’s transfer window opens Sunday.
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 0
- Done Deal: Radamel Falcao completes move to Manchester United 3
- Done Deal: Better late than never, Arsenal seals deal with Welbeck 2
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 1
- Done Deal: Listing all the Deadline Day deals from the Premier League 5
- Southampton sign Toby Alderweireld, add $18 million winger Sadio Mane 0