Jun 29, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Soccer birthdays: Junior, the Brazilian genius who played in the 1982 and 1986 World Cups, turns 58 today. Full name: Leovegildo Lins da Gama Júnior. That’s great.
Ahead on the blog today*: It has to be the Euro final, right? But, then again, there’s a pretty solid lineup of MLS action this weekend, starting tonight in Kansas City. So Steve’s going to spend the whole afternoon talking about BBQ.
Big Important Stories of the
Day Weekend: EURO 2012 FINAL!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!! It seems like this has been going on 4-eva, right? Enjoy it. Once every four years, guys and girls. Once every four years.
What we should all watch on TV: Sporting Kansas City-Chicago Fire (8 p.m., NBC Sports Network), featuring the comedic stylings of Arlo White and Kyle Martino (pictured above, right).
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Hugo Perez
We’ll leave you with this: How much easier is it going to be to work during the day now that the Euros are basically over? Productivity: higher. Happiness: lower.
*Always subject to change; you know how it is
- Bayern Munich finish German season 25 points ahead of Borussia Dortmund 0
- England’s top four: Games that matter in the English Premier League’s last round 0
- Jamie Carragher set to close out his 16-year career at Anfield 0
- NWSL Game of the Week: Washington Spirit at Portland Thorns FC 1
- Something in common for Jurgen Klinsmann, Alex Ferguson 1
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago