Jun 29, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
Soccer birthdays: Junior, the Brazilian genius who played in the 1982 and 1986 World Cups, turns 58 today. Full name: Leovegildo Lins da Gama Júnior. That’s great.
Ahead on the blog today*: It has to be the Euro final, right? But, then again, there’s a pretty solid lineup of MLS action this weekend, starting tonight in Kansas City. So Steve’s going to spend the whole afternoon talking about BBQ.
Big Important Stories of the
Day Weekend: EURO 2012 FINAL!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!! It seems like this has been going on 4-eva, right? Enjoy it. Once every four years, guys and girls. Once every four years.
What we should all watch on TV: Sporting Kansas City-Chicago Fire (8 p.m., NBC Sports Network), featuring the comedic stylings of Arlo White and Kyle Martino (pictured above, right).
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Hugo Perez
We’ll leave you with this: How much easier is it going to be to work during the day now that the Euros are basically over? Productivity: higher. Happiness: lower.
*Always subject to change; you know how it is
- Sepp Blatter keeps talking trash at UEFA regarding FIFA election 1
- Sunday’s transfer rumor roundup: Konoplyanka to Everton, Clyne to Trafford 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Congo, Equatorial Guinea victorious in group finales, advance 0
- FA Cup Roundup: Upsets halted with West Ham, Villa, Arsenal wins 1
- Rodgers says Balotelli needs to vastly improve before playing for Liverpool 1
- Italy head coach Antonio Conte supports Sebastian Giovinco’s move to MLS 9