Jun 29, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Soccer birthdays: Junior, the Brazilian genius who played in the 1982 and 1986 World Cups, turns 58 today. Full name: Leovegildo Lins da Gama Júnior. That’s great.
Ahead on the blog today*: It has to be the Euro final, right? But, then again, there’s a pretty solid lineup of MLS action this weekend, starting tonight in Kansas City. So Steve’s going to spend the whole afternoon talking about BBQ.
Big Important Stories of the
Day Weekend: EURO 2012 FINAL!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!! It seems like this has been going on 4-eva, right? Enjoy it. Once every four years, guys and girls. Once every four years.
What we should all watch on TV: Sporting Kansas City-Chicago Fire (8 p.m., NBC Sports Network), featuring the comedic stylings of Arlo White and Kyle Martino (pictured above, right).
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Hugo Perez
We’ll leave you with this: How much easier is it going to be to work during the day now that the Euros are basically over? Productivity: higher. Happiness: lower.
*Always subject to change; you know how it is
- Three things we learned from the US Department of Justice news conference on the FIFA investigation 0
- FIFA presidential elections will go on Friday despite arrests 5
- FBI, US Department of Justice issues damning statement on FIFA, details corruption investigation 6
- FIFA fallout continues: Swiss authorities open criminal proceedings into allocation of 2018, 2022 World Cups 4
- Nine FIFA officials, including CONCACAF president, arrested in Switzerland during dawn raids 20
- Report: Multiple FIFA officials arrested in Zurich, will be extradited to United States 8