Jun 29, 2012, 11:15 AM EDT
Freelance journalist Jeremiah Oshan had an eventful sit-down with Seattle Sounders owner Adrian Hanauer, who sounds like a man displeased.
There’s some reason, too. Seattle is on a seven-game winless streak in MLS – although a big U.S. Open Cup quarterfinal win on Tuesday served as something of a relief valve. Still …
We are always looking to improve the team but I’d be lying if I said after this run of seven games that we’re not more willing to consider any and all options for getting it squared away than we were seven games ago. It’s just not acceptable on multiple fronts.”
Two pieces (the one linked, and on MLSSoccer.com) point out that:
- Hanauer (pictured late last year with Kasey Keller) and technical director Chris Henderson were recently in Argentina for Copa Libertadores matches. Oshan says they were specifically watching six players, some of whom would likely be DPs.
- That would mean a current DP would have to go; I think we all know which one that might be (Alvaro Fernandez).
- Hanauer says “We’re not going to panic and do anything stupid, but we are looking at all options.” Let’s hope he’s serious about that part, because the Sounders are hardly spiraling down the drain. Alterations at CenturyLink call for a chisel, not a sledgehammer. The real threat is unrealistic expectations at highest level. MLS is riveted to parity, so team fortunes are subject to the vagaries thereof. Management must always keep that in mind – otherwise things can really begin to go wrong.
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Rare bad night from Robbie Keane costs LA Galaxy against Real Salt Lake 1
- Will Johnson: We Weren't all Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear