Jun 30, 2012, 11:16 PM EDT
Gillette Stadium witnessed late dramatics as the New England Revolution salvaged a point against the Seattle Sounders.
17-year-old Diego Fagundez nodded in the game-tying goal in the 94th minute. The timely header marked his first goal of the season.
It was more of the same for both teams. The Revs found a vital equalizer in the closes stages of their match against Toronto FC last week. The Sounders, meanwhile, continue their rapid descent down the Western Conference standings. Saturday’s 2-2 result extends the team’s winless streak to a club-worst eight matches.
The outlook wasn’t always so bleak for the visitors. Eddie Johnson looked keen on singlehandedly rescuing the Sounders from the mire. He overturned an early one-goal deficit by notching two goals within 13 minutes in the first half.
The Revs refused to settle for the loss, though. Their late efforts helped snag a point in a draw that might end up feeling an awful lot like a win.
- USA Today reports LA Galaxy trade Mike Magee for rights to Robbie Rogers 6
- With MLS expansion done for now, where the league priorities should land 8
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? 24
- Champions League Final infographic: Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich 0
- NWSL Game of the Week: Sky Blue FC vs. FC Kansas City 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (24)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final