Jul 2, 2012, 1:33 PM EDT
Right at the top of today’s ProSoccerTalk “to-do” list was this: “Scratch out list of five potential transfers I’d most like to see in MLS.”
Well, I suppose I had best get to scratchin’, because this stuff does move fast. Some known names could be signed and en route to an MLS address before I make out my own little roster of wishes.
Major League Soccer’s transfer window opened last Wednesday. But since most player movement out of Europe was always going to start this week, expect the action to gain speed quickly now.
In fact, it’s already started. This one is about Italian defender Alessandro Nesta, a man I would love to see on patrol across some MLS back line.
The report says Nesta, among the best ever from a land of defensive giants, is almost certainly coming to Major League Soccer’s expansion side.
- Yahoo! reports: Mourinho to sign 4-year deal with Chelsea, will be unveiled June 2 0
- Anyone else think Bayern Munich is playing dirty? 6
- With PSG willing to match Wayne Rooney’s wages, Manchester United has somebody to bail them out 3
- Looking at the United States’ roster ahead of their Canada rematch 1
- A stadium for New York City FC – tougher than you think 9
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Possible temporary homes for New York City FC (9)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte