Jul 2, 2012, 1:33 PM EDT
Right at the top of today’s ProSoccerTalk “to-do” list was this: “Scratch out list of five potential transfers I’d most like to see in MLS.”
Well, I suppose I had best get to scratchin’, because this stuff does move fast. Some known names could be signed and en route to an MLS address before I make out my own little roster of wishes.
Major League Soccer’s transfer window opened last Wednesday. But since most player movement out of Europe was always going to start this week, expect the action to gain speed quickly now.
In fact, it’s already started. This one is about Italian defender Alessandro Nesta, a man I would love to see on patrol across some MLS back line.
The report says Nesta, among the best ever from a land of defensive giants, is almost certainly coming to Major League Soccer’s expansion side.
- Los Angeles officially given new MLS team; Magic Johnson, Vincent Tan among investors 4
- PST Extra: Getting you ready for The Manchester Derby (video) 0
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 4
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 12
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 3