Jul 2, 2012, 1:33 PM EDT
Right at the top of today’s ProSoccerTalk “to-do” list was this: “Scratch out list of five potential transfers I’d most like to see in MLS.”
Well, I suppose I had best get to scratchin’, because this stuff does move fast. Some known names could be signed and en route to an MLS address before I make out my own little roster of wishes.
Major League Soccer’s transfer window opened last Wednesday. But since most player movement out of Europe was always going to start this week, expect the action to gain speed quickly now.
In fact, it’s already started. This one is about Italian defender Alessandro Nesta, a man I would love to see on patrol across some MLS back line.
The report says Nesta, among the best ever from a land of defensive giants, is almost certainly coming to Major League Soccer’s expansion side.
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Red Bulls' Opening Act Has A Nightmare Finish
- MLS 2014: Dream Team of Week 1
- Jens Lehmann Downplays Guardiola's Bayern Munich
- Chivas USA Hang on to Take all 3 Points From Chicago Fire
- Three Things: Manchester City - Wigan
- Monarcas Morelia Hire 4th Manager of the Season
- What Moyes Really Meant by Asking Fans for More Time at Man United
- Manchester United Set to Sign Record $1 Billion Sponsorship Deal with Nike
- Will Johnson: We Weren't All Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro