Jul 2, 2012, 4:22 PM EST
- Chicago’s Sean Johnson
Rationale, motive and intent: Sporting Kansas City wasn’t very accurate with 27 shots aimed toward Chicago goal last Friday, but five needed saving – and the pressure overall pushed the young goalkeeper.
- Columbus’ Josh Williams
- Colorado’s Drew Moor
- Toronto FC’s Ashtone Morgan
Rationale, motive and intent: Toronto FC really has something in Morgan, a 21-year-old graduate of the TFC academy program who already has two Canadian caps. Moor led the way as Colorado limited visiting Portland to just seven shots (and only two on target).
- San Jose’s Marvin Chavez
- Columbus’ Eddie Gaven (pictured)
- Toronto FC’s Torsten Frings
- Houston’s Brad Davis
- DC United’s Chris Pontius
Rationale, motive and intent: Guys like Chavez and Gaven aren’t showing up on the score sheet as much as others, but they are reliably involved, always on the buzz and making things happen. Pontius is a constant threat, too, one who does show up frequently on the stat sheet.
- Seattle’s Eddie Johnson
- Toronto FC’s Danny Koevermans
Rationale, motive and intent: Don’t you wonder what Koevermans, making this team for the second consecutive week, might have already accomplished in 2012 without all that early season injury? Heck, for that matter, is there a chance that Aron Winter may have even kept his job a little longer?
- Real Salt Lake’s 2013: The not-so-rebuilding year that could end in an MLS title 0
- MLS Cup 2000 flashback: Molnar, Meola the heroes for Kansas City – video 0
- Premier League Roundup: Moyes defeated in Everton reunion; top five snag wins 0
- David Moyes bemoans bad luck as former side Everton come back to haunt him 1
- West Bromwich Albion 2-3 Manchester City: Citizens address road worries with convincing performance at The Hawthorns 0
- Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Blues grab crucial away win as Hazard dazzles (video) 0
- Arsenal 2-0 Hull City: Bendtner and Ozil keep Gunners top (video) 0
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw 17
- Sit down with Orlando City SC: Taking on Beckham, emulating the Timbers and Kaka in 2015 – Part I (21)
- USA drop one spot to 14th in latest FIFA World Rankings, Portugal surge to fifth (19)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (17)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (17)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (14)