Jul 3, 2012, 10:59 AM EST
Sometimes life comes together beautifully.
Take this “Michael Bradley to Roma” news. If the U.S. midfielder does complete the move from smaller Chievo Verona to one of Serie A’s big boy clubs, it looks like Bradley would make his debut in the United States. Here’s Roma’s list of early friendlies here:
- July 22, Chicago, Zaglebie Lubin
- July 25, Boston, vs. Liverpool
- July 28, New York, vs. El Salvador
That opponent for the tour opener in Chicago (probably unrecognized for most) is Polish; what else for the Windy City?
The contest against Liverpool is at Fenway Park, a sort of “John W. Henry special;” Henry’s Fenway Sports Group owns the Boston Red Sox and Liverpool. (And Fenway Park, of course.)
But never mind all that. The news is that Bradley could begin his time with the three-time Italian champs (latest in 2000-01) in the most comfortable of surroundings – and what better way to begin maneuvering for your place in the team pecking order? Bradley once lived in Chicago, where his father was coaching the Fire of Major League Soccer.
- Marvell Wynne, Bakary Soumare headline Stage 2 of MLS Re-Entry Draft results 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Arsenal, Everton rising, Saints falling 2
- Robbie Rogers: FIFA “insane” to host World Cups in Russia, Qatar 5
- Stoke City confirm Brek Shea is finalizing move to Orlando City 1
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 2
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 1