Jul 3, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT
Sometimes life comes together beautifully.
Take this “Michael Bradley to Roma” news. If the U.S. midfielder does complete the move from smaller Chievo Verona to one of Serie A’s big boy clubs, it looks like Bradley would make his debut in the United States. Here’s Roma’s list of early friendlies here:
- July 22, Chicago, Zaglebie Lubin
- July 25, Boston, vs. Liverpool
- July 28, New York, vs. El Salvador
That opponent for the tour opener in Chicago (probably unrecognized for most) is Polish; what else for the Windy City?
The contest against Liverpool is at Fenway Park, a sort of “John W. Henry special;” Henry’s Fenway Sports Group owns the Boston Red Sox and Liverpool. (And Fenway Park, of course.)
But never mind all that. The news is that Bradley could begin his time with the three-time Italian champs (latest in 2000-01) in the most comfortable of surroundings – and what better way to begin maneuvering for your place in the team pecking order? Bradley once lived in Chicago, where his father was coaching the Fire of Major League Soccer.
- MLS Weekend Preview: Trio of marque marquee matches begins Friday in Frisco 0
- Early Mandzukic goal sees Atlético defeat Real Madrid, claim Spanish Super Cup 1
- Robben dominance, Malanda miss give Bayern opening match win over Wolfsburg 0
- Prindi’s Premier League Picks: United to get it right, Arsenal to stumble 2
- Profile: The life and times of Mario Balotelli 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 2 0