Jul 3, 2012, 4:10 PM EST
Sometimes we soccer fans get a little chip on our shoulder. Ahem. “Uh, guilty.”
So, you have to have a little sense of humor about this one. It’s all about the silly things American soccer fans say.
Example: “My intramural team in college was runner-up three years in a row, so I think I know what I’m talking about.”
Or this one: “It’s only the most popular game in the world, but I can see where everyone else in the world could be wrong.”
And I think we all know that really long, loud, irritating “Goooooaaaaalll” call is coming, right?
I do believe if you’re being honest about it, you’ll recall a couple of these little ditties tumbling without apology from your own lips … no?
Be honest now!
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 3
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3
- Ludogorets 2-2 Liverpool: Late equalizer spells more misery for Reds, but there’s hope 1
- Men in Blazers podcast: Kyle Martino joins to talk Thanksgiving and tie knots 0
- Champions League Wednesday preview: Arsenal can advance, Liverpool need kick-start 1
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 1