Jul 3, 2012, 4:10 PM EDT
Sometimes we soccer fans get a little chip on our shoulder. Ahem. “Uh, guilty.”
So, you have to have a little sense of humor about this one. It’s all about the silly things American soccer fans say.
Example: “My intramural team in college was runner-up three years in a row, so I think I know what I’m talking about.”
Or this one: “It’s only the most popular game in the world, but I can see where everyone else in the world could be wrong.”
And I think we all know that really long, loud, irritating “Goooooaaaaalll” call is coming, right?
I do believe if you’re being honest about it, you’ll recall a couple of these little ditties tumbling without apology from your own lips … no?
Be honest now!
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 0
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 1
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 0
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 2
- Racial incident against Man City’s Fofana ends U-21 match in Croatia 0
- Sorting through the most recent DaMarcus Beasley-to-MLS reports 3