Jul 3, 2012, 4:10 PM EDT
Sometimes we soccer fans get a little chip on our shoulder. Ahem. “Uh, guilty.”
So, you have to have a little sense of humor about this one. It’s all about the silly things American soccer fans say.
Example: “My intramural team in college was runner-up three years in a row, so I think I know what I’m talking about.”
Or this one: “It’s only the most popular game in the world, but I can see where everyone else in the world could be wrong.”
And I think we all know that really long, loud, irritating “Goooooaaaaalll” call is coming, right?
I do believe if you’re being honest about it, you’ll recall a couple of these little ditties tumbling without apology from your own lips … no?
Be honest now!
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – The faith-destroying edition 1
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: LA Galaxy’s Landon Donovan 0
- What tomorrow’s goalkeeper platoon tells us about the U.S. goalkeeper void 5
- Jozy Altidore to captain U.S. Wednesday against Czech Republic 0
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 11
- Why Danny Welbeck’s move to Arsenal was the best Deadline Day deal 9