Jul 3, 2012, 4:10 PM EDT
Sometimes we soccer fans get a little chip on our shoulder. Ahem. “Uh, guilty.”
So, you have to have a little sense of humor about this one. It’s all about the silly things American soccer fans say.
Example: “My intramural team in college was runner-up three years in a row, so I think I know what I’m talking about.”
Or this one: “It’s only the most popular game in the world, but I can see where everyone else in the world could be wrong.”
And I think we all know that really long, loud, irritating “Goooooaaaaalll” call is coming, right?
I do believe if you’re being honest about it, you’ll recall a couple of these little ditties tumbling without apology from your own lips … no?
Be honest now!
- Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney muses on captaincies, laments Liverpool’s strong season 0
- Southampton name former Edmonton Oilers coach its new chairman 0
- Robben and Wenger have war of words in latest Champions League diving debate 0
- Arsenal’s Ozil out for “at least a few weeks” after injury in Champions League 0
- Preview: Barcelona, Manchester City stumble into Champions League second leg; PSG set to rest Ibrahimovic 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 1 0
- For the Red Bulls, Mistakes are Better Early Than Late
- If Man City Ever Stood a Chance, it’s Right Now
- Strootman Loss Detrimental to Roma
- Rooney Reveals Desire to Captain United and England
- Thistle Manager Sent Off While Playing For His Team's Under-20s
- Is CONCACAF Champions League Format Working Against MLS?
- Disappointing Opener for the Chicago Fire
- Liverpool says Pepe Reina can Leave Permanently for Four Million Pounds
- Sporting KC Sign Antonio Dovale
- Cruz Azul Ready to Continue Good Form in CONCACAF