Jul 3, 2012, 4:10 PM EDT
Sometimes we soccer fans get a little chip on our shoulder. Ahem. “Uh, guilty.”
So, you have to have a little sense of humor about this one. It’s all about the silly things American soccer fans say.
Example: “My intramural team in college was runner-up three years in a row, so I think I know what I’m talking about.”
Or this one: “It’s only the most popular game in the world, but I can see where everyone else in the world could be wrong.”
And I think we all know that really long, loud, irritating “Goooooaaaaalll” call is coming, right?
I do believe if you’re being honest about it, you’ll recall a couple of these little ditties tumbling without apology from your own lips … no?
Be honest now!
- FIFA president Sepp Blatter is “ready to change.” Do we believe this? 1
- On Jurgen Klinsmann and Michael Bradley and “playing out of position” 9
- Three things we learned from the USMNT’s late 1-1 draw in Switzerland 1
- Player ratings: Stars and flops for the USMNT in 1-1 draw at Switzerland 14
- Switzerland 1-1 USMNT: Another late equalizer cancels out Shea’s stunner 3
- VIDEO: Watch Brek Shea’s stunning free kick for USA against Switzerland 3