Jul 3, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
Soccer birthdays: Slim pickin’s today on birthdays. You saw where U.S. striker Alex Morgan turned 23 yesterday, right?
Ahead on the blog today*: Major League Soccer rankings ahead of Round 18 games, any transfer news from here or abroad and some set-up ahead of two MLS contests tonight.
Big Important Stories of the Day: Transfer news? Yes there will be transfer news. (Or at the very least, transfer speculation, rumor and whispers.)
What we should all watch on TV: Two MLS games begin Round 18 tonight, if you have MLS Live or the Direct Kick package:
Houston – Chicago (8:30 pm)
Portland – San Jose (10:30 pm)
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Mark Dodd
U.S. women’s striker Alex Morgan (@alexmorgan13): Thank you for all the birthday wishes!!
Soccer writer Daniel Robertson (@Bigdsoccer): Under Reported: Kevin Hartman will join the MLS 400 games played club on Wednesday. He will be the only member.
MLSSoccer.com writer Matthew Doyle (@MLS_Analyst), having a little fun with the ways of the British press: Frank Lampard to the toilet. You read it here first.
San Jose Earthquakes striker and MLS leading scorer Chris Wondolowski (pictured) (@ChrisWondo), answering fan questions yesterday via Twitter: @CallinBaykur: @ChrisWondo what do you like to do on your free time away from the game?” playin golf and playin with my dogs
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 0
- Recap: LA Galaxy grab 1-0 lead over Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Championship 1
- Despite artificial turf, New York Red Bulls’ Thierry Henry says he’ll play next week at New England 1
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 6
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 1
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 3