Jul 3, 2012, 8:34 AM EDT
Spanish goalkeeper Iker Casillas is gaining internet praise today for his call to end the opposition suffering in the final seconds of Sunday’s 4-0 win over Spain.
As the final seconds of the 2012 European Championship ticked away, Spain still had the ball and opportunities to make the final margin even more lopsided against the clearly dejected Italians. So Casillas turned to the nearest referee’s assistant and did what everyone around Europe was surely thinking: asked officials to blow the whistle already:
Respect for our rivals.
Respect for Italia. 4-0, yeah?”
- Three things we learned from Real Madrid’s win vs. Bayern Munich 1
- Benzema goal holds up as Real Madrid claim 1-0 lead over Bayern Munich 0
- Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 7 3
- Moyes statement on dismissal; Reports say he was recruiting to the end 4
- Head coach Marc Wilmots says Adnan Januzaj will play for Belgium 2
- Who’s in across Europe? Glancing at the 2014/15 UEFA Champions League 1