Jul 3, 2012, 8:34 AM EDT
Spanish goalkeeper Iker Casillas is gaining internet praise today for his call to end the opposition suffering in the final seconds of Sunday’s 4-0 win over Spain.
As the final seconds of the 2012 European Championship ticked away, Spain still had the ball and opportunities to make the final margin even more lopsided against the clearly dejected Italians. So Casillas turned to the nearest referee’s assistant and did what everyone around Europe was surely thinking: asked officials to blow the whistle already:
Respect for our rivals.
Respect for Italia. 4-0, yeah?”
- Three Liverpool players on PFA Player of the Year shortlist 0
- Week 7 Preview: Fire look for first win vs. Revs; Dallas gets its crack at Toronto 0
- Report: Aston Villa ownership will change hands if club stays up 4
- Tim Howard inks Everton extension, signs through 2017-18 season 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Liverpool or Chelsea for the title? – Week 34 0
- Neymar, Jordi Alba to miss the rest of Barcelona’s season 1