Jul 3, 2012, 8:34 AM EDT
Spanish goalkeeper Iker Casillas is gaining internet praise today for his call to end the opposition suffering in the final seconds of Sunday’s 4-0 win over Spain.
As the final seconds of the 2012 European Championship ticked away, Spain still had the ball and opportunities to make the final margin even more lopsided against the clearly dejected Italians. So Casillas turned to the nearest referee’s assistant and did what everyone around Europe was surely thinking: asked officials to blow the whistle already:
Respect for our rivals.
Respect for Italia. 4-0, yeah?”
- Wolfsburg sporting director: “De Bruyne is off to Manchester City” 0
- Report: Manchester United planning massive $112 million bid for Arjen Robben 5
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Home advantage for heavyweights – Week 4 2
- WATCH: NBC Sports’ Premier League TV schedule – Week 4 0
- Premier League Preview: Newcastle United vs. Arsenal 0
- Kevin de Bruyne deal moves closer after “astonishing” offer to join Manchester City 0