Jul 4, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
We’ve spoken before about how ridiculous the FIFA rankings are, have been, and always will be.
Well, rinse and repeat.
In fact, we’d all better rinse a lot after the latest rush of useless nonsense has come tumbling from Zurich. Start rinsing (and don’t stop) right about when you land on England at No. 4. Yes, England. Yes, at No. 4 – which is two spots ahead of Italy and seven spots ahead of Brazil.
Allow me to remind you what happened when England met Italy two weeks ago. True, the game needed penalty kicks to pronounce a winner, but it really was men against boys out there.
So … here are your FIFA rankings, every bit as useful as spit on a pump handle, as daddy used to say.
- Looking back at Week 6 of the NWSL season 1
- Movement in the LA Galaxy-Omar Gonzalez situation 5
- Premier League managerial pair blast squad and referee following final match 0
- VIDEOS: A brief history of recent “Olimpico” goals in MLS 3
- Where Landon Donovan’s afternoon takes us in the ongoing U.S. national team debate 7
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago