Jul 4, 2012, 11:21 AM EST
We’ve spoken before about how ridiculous the FIFA rankings are, have been, and always will be.
Well, rinse and repeat.
In fact, we’d all better rinse a lot after the latest rush of useless nonsense has come tumbling from Zurich. Start rinsing (and don’t stop) right about when you land on England at No. 4. Yes, England. Yes, at No. 4 – which is two spots ahead of Italy and seven spots ahead of Brazil.
Allow me to remind you what happened when England met Italy two weeks ago. True, the game needed penalty kicks to pronounce a winner, but it really was men against boys out there.
So … here are your FIFA rankings, every bit as useful as spit on a pump handle, as daddy used to say.
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3