Jul 4, 2012, 11:21 AM EST
We’ve spoken before about how ridiculous the FIFA rankings are, have been, and always will be.
Well, rinse and repeat.
In fact, we’d all better rinse a lot after the latest rush of useless nonsense has come tumbling from Zurich. Start rinsing (and don’t stop) right about when you land on England at No. 4. Yes, England. Yes, at No. 4 – which is two spots ahead of Italy and seven spots ahead of Brazil.
Allow me to remind you what happened when England met Italy two weeks ago. True, the game needed penalty kicks to pronounce a winner, but it really was men against boys out there.
So … here are your FIFA rankings, every bit as useful as spit on a pump handle, as daddy used to say.
- Chad Barrett’s 94th minute winner gives Seattle Sounders 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City 0
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Watch Live: Sporting Kansas City at Seattle Sounders (Lineups and discussion) 2
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Barrett Nails Last Minute Goal for Seattle 1-0 Victory
- Three Things: Chelsea 4-0 Spurs
- FIFA Fines Argentine Clubs for Fake Transfers
- Sunderland Boss Poyet Challenges Altidore to Prove Him Wrong
- 3 Hopes and One Fear for Montreal Impact
- Top Four Serie A Teams to Meet in Couple of Crucial Encounters
- Liverpool Eyeing Valencia Midfielder Dani Parejo
- Barca Have $83M for Transfers Plus Funds Raised from Sold Players
- What am I Watching?: The Paradox of the National Team
- Preview: Seattle Sounders vs Sporting Kansas City