Jul 4, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
We’ve spoken before about how ridiculous the FIFA rankings are, have been, and always will be.
Well, rinse and repeat.
In fact, we’d all better rinse a lot after the latest rush of useless nonsense has come tumbling from Zurich. Start rinsing (and don’t stop) right about when you land on England at No. 4. Yes, England. Yes, at No. 4 – which is two spots ahead of Italy and seven spots ahead of Brazil.
Allow me to remind you what happened when England met Italy two weeks ago. True, the game needed penalty kicks to pronounce a winner, but it really was men against boys out there.
So … here are your FIFA rankings, every bit as useful as spit on a pump handle, as daddy used to say.
- Europa League Preview: Everton head to Russia, Spurs host Besiktas 0
- Report: Diego Maradona nearing deal to manage Palestinian National Team 1
- Three things we learned after Liverpool’s latest defeat, this time vs. Basel 5
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Arsenal cruise, Liverpool lose, Real Madrid win 1
- Arsenal 4-1 Galatasaray: Welbeck’s hat-trick leads 10-man Arsenal to victory 0
- Hat-Trick Hero: Danny Welbeck nails three in thumping of Galatasaray 1