Jul 4, 2012, 11:21 AM EST
We’ve spoken before about how ridiculous the FIFA rankings are, have been, and always will be.
Well, rinse and repeat.
In fact, we’d all better rinse a lot after the latest rush of useless nonsense has come tumbling from Zurich. Start rinsing (and don’t stop) right about when you land on England at No. 4. Yes, England. Yes, at No. 4 – which is two spots ahead of Italy and seven spots ahead of Brazil.
Allow me to remind you what happened when England met Italy two weeks ago. True, the game needed penalty kicks to pronounce a winner, but it really was men against boys out there.
So … here are your FIFA rankings, every bit as useful as spit on a pump handle, as daddy used to say.
- Men in Blazers podcast: Man United’s romp, Arsenal’s form and more 0
- Dreams do come true: DC United seal deal for new stadium they will call home 0
- American lawyer Michael Garcia resigns as FIFA’s ethics prosecutor 7
- Report: New England Revolution, Orlando City battling it out for Robinho 2
- Liverpool’s injured Daniel Sturridge to link up with Boston Red Sox 0
- League Cup roundup: Sheffield United shocks Saints, Chelsea also moves to semifinals 0