Jul 6, 2012, 9:05 PM EDT
I feel like I’m constantly coming to the defense of Major League Soccer’s disciplinary committee; some folks wish the whole thing would go away.
But how, in the name of Diego Armando Maradona, can you see the following clip and not by happy the DC is around to police this stuff?
You are about to watch Alvaro Saborio undo Seattle’s Leo Gonzalez with a secret, powerful bit of kung fu witchcraft. Saborio, with the lightest of black-magic packed touches, fells the Seattle fullback, who rolls around as if hit by Jeff Gillooly’s baton.
Either that, or he was clearly embellishing. Which is how the DC saw it, fining the Seattle Sounders veteran today.
Gonzalez has already been suspended and fined once this year, previously for stepping on the leg of Philadelphia Union right back Sheanon Williams. Here’s the incident from Wednesday night:
- Yahoo! reports: Mourinho to sign 4-year deal with Chelsea, will be unveiled June 2 0
- Anyone else think Bayern Munich is playing dirty? 6
- With PSG willing to match Wayne Rooney’s wages, Manchester United has somebody to bail them out 3
- Looking at the United States’ roster ahead of their Canada rematch 1
- A stadium for New York City FC – tougher than you think 9
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Possible temporary homes for New York City FC (9)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte