Jul 7, 2012, 10:47 PM EDT
It took almost three full matches for someone in Major League Soccer to break the seal on this particular Saturday.
Sporting Kansas City and Houston played out a scoreless draw in the night’s first contest.
FC Dallas vs. San Jose kicked off simultaneously with Real Salt Lake vs. Portland. Both of those went scoreless into the second halves.
Finally … Alvaro Saborio got one in the 60th minute for RSL.
Here’s the one that finally opened things up (and opened things up in a big way around Rio Tinto Stadium in Utah, where the home team pulled away and then some to snap a four-game winless streak.)
- NWSL Digest: Reign, Flash flying as we move from past Week 1 0
- Henry, Sam goals see New York break into the win column 0
- Real Madrid beat Barcelona to win Copa del Rey, as Bale’s brilliance seals it 2
- It’s official: Atlanta gets Major League Soccer’s 22nd franchise 1
- Manchester City 2-2 Sunderland: Two Wickham goals, late Nasri equalizer leave sides even (video) 3
- Everton 2-3 Crystal Palace: Toffees’ top four hopes take huge hit 6