Jul 7, 2012, 10:47 PM EDT
It took almost three full matches for someone in Major League Soccer to break the seal on this particular Saturday.
Sporting Kansas City and Houston played out a scoreless draw in the night’s first contest.
FC Dallas vs. San Jose kicked off simultaneously with Real Salt Lake vs. Portland. Both of those went scoreless into the second halves.
Finally … Alvaro Saborio got one in the 60th minute for RSL.
Here’s the one that finally opened things up (and opened things up in a big way around Rio Tinto Stadium in Utah, where the home team pulled away and then some to snap a four-game winless streak.)
- PSG president confirms Saturday was likely David Beckham’s farewell match 0
- As Alex Ferguson says goodbye, Manchester United’s cupboard remains stocked 0
- Bayern Munich finish German season 25 points ahead of Borussia Dortmund 0
- England’s top four: Games that matter in the English Premier League’s last round 0
- Jamie Carragher set to close out his 16-year career at Anfield 0
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago