Jul 7, 2012, 10:47 PM EDT
It took almost three full matches for someone in Major League Soccer to break the seal on this particular Saturday.
Sporting Kansas City and Houston played out a scoreless draw in the night’s first contest.
FC Dallas vs. San Jose kicked off simultaneously with Real Salt Lake vs. Portland. Both of those went scoreless into the second halves.
Finally … Alvaro Saborio got one in the 60th minute for RSL.
Here’s the one that finally opened things up (and opened things up in a big way around Rio Tinto Stadium in Utah, where the home team pulled away and then some to snap a four-game winless streak.)
- Third time’s the harm: Fan violence forces abandonment of Trabzonspor’s match with Fenerbahce 2
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 0
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 4
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 6
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- TV Ratings for MLS Season Opener Increase 283% in 1 Year
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad
- Sounders FC Monday Morning Breakdown
- Maidana Stars in Impressive Philly Newbie Trio
- Barnsley Send Brek Shea Back to Stoke after Fight with Fan
- Yanks in Mexico: Torres Scores in Tigres Win, Garza Gives Solid Display
- Julio Cesar Put his Semester in Toronto at Risk
- Getafe Fire Luis Garcia, Hire Cosmin Contra as New Manager
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs