Jul 7, 2012, 10:47 PM EDT
It took almost three full matches for someone in Major League Soccer to break the seal on this particular Saturday.
Sporting Kansas City and Houston played out a scoreless draw in the night’s first contest.
FC Dallas vs. San Jose kicked off simultaneously with Real Salt Lake vs. Portland. Both of those went scoreless into the second halves.
Finally … Alvaro Saborio got one in the 60th minute for RSL.
Here’s the one that finally opened things up (and opened things up in a big way around Rio Tinto Stadium in Utah, where the home team pulled away and then some to snap a four-game winless streak.)
- US Vice President Joe Biden to attend USWNT’s World Cup final vs. Japan 0
- USA vs. Guatemala preview: USMNT’s final tune-up before 2015 Gold Cup 0
- 2015 Gold Cup – Group A preview: USMNT favorites over Honduras, Panama, Haiti 0
- Clint Dempsey replaced by Michael Bradley as USMNT captain for Gold Cup 5
- Despite devastating World Cup exit, England’s women inspired a nation 9
- US ask Switzerland to extradite seven FIFA officials 0