Jul 7, 2012, 10:47 PM EDT
It took almost three full matches for someone in Major League Soccer to break the seal on this particular Saturday.
Sporting Kansas City and Houston played out a scoreless draw in the night’s first contest.
FC Dallas vs. San Jose kicked off simultaneously with Real Salt Lake vs. Portland. Both of those went scoreless into the second halves.
Finally … Alvaro Saborio got one in the 60th minute for RSL.
Here’s the one that finally opened things up (and opened things up in a big way around Rio Tinto Stadium in Utah, where the home team pulled away and then some to snap a four-game winless streak.)
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Whole New World Edition 0
- Samuel Eto’o signs two-year deal with Everton 0
- League Cup Roundup: Manchester United embarrassed by Milton Keynes, 4-0 8
- Landon Donovan will get U.S. farewell, to be called up to face Ecuador 7
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: New York’s Thierry Henry 2
- Jermaine Jones unveiled in New England, quips that “I like to win” 0