Jul 9, 2012, 6:15 PM EST
Whatever John Hackworth can do with the Philadelphia Union – and good heavens, he’s certainly doing a ton at the moment – he’s lucky to have a guy like Michael Farfan around.
Philadelphia’s huge week in Round 18 included a surprising win at Los Angeles and a commanding crusher of a 3-0 victory at home over Toronto four nights later.
Farfan? Yeah, the young attacker had a little something to say about it.
He was the steady supplier in midfield Sunday at PPL Park against Toronto, never mind if Freddy Adu was further ahead in flash-and-dash factor, and never mind if Jack McInerney showed up just as often on the score sheet (with two assists each).
And can we talk about that game last week in L.A.?
Farfan had a great assist, skillful and determined, as the visiting Union stunned the hosts with a goal just before halftime. Then he kicked the Galaxy completely in the teeth 45 minutes later with a cool, well-measured stoppage-time winner.
Apologies to Vancouver goalkeeper Joe Cannon, who had a banner week in posting two shutouts. And apologies to Real Salt Lake hat-trick man Alvaro Saborio, but Farfan nips them both at the wire for us.
- Manchester United 3-1 Leicester City: Red Devils up to third 0
- Liverpool 2-0 West Ham United: Coutinho shines, Sturridge scores in return 1
- Watch Live: Chelsea vs. Manchester City (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Watch Live: Liverpool vs. West Ham United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Watch Live: Manchester United vs. Leicester City (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1