Jul 11, 2012, 9:42 PM EST
Well, who are the goofballs that left Darren Mattocks out of last week’s Rookie of the Year conversation?
Actually, I did throw his name into the fire of conversation at the tail end. And darn good thing, too! The Vancouver Whitecaps first-year man hit another two tonight. That gives him six for his abbreviated season, which started late after a kitchen accident took him out of the Whitecaps’ first few matches.
One of his goals tonight was a sneaky-cheeky little thing from a tight angle. But watch the Vancouver Whitecaps rookie get up for his second one.
We all knew Mattocks was fast. And athletic. But this is really something else. His leap is Jordan-esque, no exaggeration.
(I should tell you before you watch this dramatic stoppage time equalizer tonight in Toronto – it doesn’t have the happy ending you might think for Vancouveram. But never mind that; enjoy a helluva goal just the same.)
- What to expect as USA, Premier League star Geoff Cameron joins ProSoccerTalk 0
- FIFA saga takes new twist: World Cup corruption report to be reviewed 0
- VOTE – Best choice for MLS expansion: Las Vegas, Sacramento or Minneapolis? 2
- Manchester United’s Radamel Falcao suffers new injury setback 0
- Mats Hummels to Manchester United rumors persist. Can it happen in January? 1
- Report: Arsenal have deal in place to sign Chelsea’s Petr Cech 1