Jul 11, 2012, 9:42 PM EDT
Well, who are the goofballs that left Darren Mattocks out of last week’s Rookie of the Year conversation?
Actually, I did throw his name into the fire of conversation at the tail end. And darn good thing, too! The Vancouver Whitecaps first-year man hit another two tonight. That gives him six for his abbreviated season, which started late after a kitchen accident took him out of the Whitecaps’ first few matches.
One of his goals tonight was a sneaky-cheeky little thing from a tight angle. But watch the Vancouver Whitecaps rookie get up for his second one.
We all knew Mattocks was fast. And athletic. But this is really something else. His leap is Jordan-esque, no exaggeration.
(I should tell you before you watch this dramatic stoppage time equalizer tonight in Toronto – it doesn’t have the happy ending you might think for Vancouveram. But never mind that; enjoy a helluva goal just the same.)
- The world wants Laura Bassett to know that her own goal is nothing to be ashamed of… 0
- Minnesota United misses MLS stadium deadline; Deputy commissioner speaks out 2
- Stoppage-time own goal sinks England, sends Japan to Women’s World Cup final 5
- Stars of CONCACAF: Ranking the top 10 players at the 2015 Gold Cup 7
- “Angel Di Maria has most talent at Manchester United,” says teammate. Agree? 10
- VIDEO: Breaking down the done deals and transfer gossip in PST Extra 0