Jul 11, 2012, 9:42 PM EDT
Well, who are the goofballs that left Darren Mattocks out of last week’s Rookie of the Year conversation?
Actually, I did throw his name into the fire of conversation at the tail end. And darn good thing, too! The Vancouver Whitecaps first-year man hit another two tonight. That gives him six for his abbreviated season, which started late after a kitchen accident took him out of the Whitecaps’ first few matches.
One of his goals tonight was a sneaky-cheeky little thing from a tight angle. But watch the Vancouver Whitecaps rookie get up for his second one.
We all knew Mattocks was fast. And athletic. But this is really something else. His leap is Jordan-esque, no exaggeration.
(I should tell you before you watch this dramatic stoppage time equalizer tonight in Toronto – it doesn’t have the happy ending you might think for Vancouveram. But never mind that; enjoy a helluva goal just the same.)
- USA Today reports LA Galaxy trade Mike Magee for rights to Robbie Rogers 4
- With MLS expansion done for now, where the league priorities should land 7
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? 24
- Champions League Final infographic: Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich 0
- NWSL Game of the Week: Sky Blue FC vs. FC Kansas City 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (24)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million