Jul 11, 2012, 9:42 PM EDT
Well, who are the goofballs that left Darren Mattocks out of last week’s Rookie of the Year conversation?
Actually, I did throw his name into the fire of conversation at the tail end. And darn good thing, too! The Vancouver Whitecaps first-year man hit another two tonight. That gives him six for his abbreviated season, which started late after a kitchen accident took him out of the Whitecaps’ first few matches.
One of his goals tonight was a sneaky-cheeky little thing from a tight angle. But watch the Vancouver Whitecaps rookie get up for his second one.
We all knew Mattocks was fast. And athletic. But this is really something else. His leap is Jordan-esque, no exaggeration.
(I should tell you before you watch this dramatic stoppage time equalizer tonight in Toronto – it doesn’t have the happy ending you might think for Vancouveram. But never mind that; enjoy a helluva goal just the same.)
- Monday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: PSG’s $133 million Ronaldo bid, Stones to Chelsea 1
- Amid reports of journalist brawl, Mexico boss Miguel Herrera looks ahead to USMNT showdown 4
- Manchester United lack creativity to challenge top clubs, says Louis van Gaal 6
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Arsenal 9
- Mexico 3-1 Jamaica: El Tri overpowers Cinderella story to win Gold Cup 30
- Frank Lampard ruled out of MLS All-Star game 2