Jul 11, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
Maybe someone smarter than me knows the deal with Justin Braun.
I’ve poked around a little here and there, but I’ve never gotten a satisfactory answer.
Sorry, I got ahead of myself. The question is this: What’s wrong with the guy? What does he do that irks or infuriates coaches?
He’s not a great striker, but he’s a good one. Braun seems to work hard. When he’s on-task and set loose, the can be a goal-scoring force. I once called him a Brian Ching starter kit (or maybe it was a “young Brian Ching.”)
One way or the other, MLS defenders have told me they see Braun as a younger, faster and more athletic Brian Ching.
So why does he keep changing MLS addresses? Why didn’t the man get more minutes previously with Chivas USA?
By the way, Braun’s career numbers (24 goals, 108 games) are better than those for Chicago Fire starters Patrick Nyarko and Dominic Oduro and a little better than Chivas USA’s Juan Agudelo, just to name a few. That rate of scoring is just a little behind new teammate Fabian Espindola’s and roughly equal to more heralded Omar Cummings.
So, think about that as you consider today’s trade that sent Braun, 25, to Real Salt Lake for a conditional 2014 SuperDraft pick.
- Yahoo! reports: Mourinho to sign 4-year deal with Chelsea, will be unveiled June 2 0
- Anyone else think Bayern Munich is playing dirty? 6
- With PSG willing to match Wayne Rooney’s wages, Manchester United has somebody to bail them out 3
- Looking at the United States’ roster ahead of their Canada rematch 1
- A stadium for New York City FC – tougher than you think 9
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Possible temporary homes for New York City FC (9)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte