Jul 11, 2012, 8:20 AM EDT
The team makes a short trip northeast to Middlesbrough to train at Middlesbrough FC before relocating to Glasgow on July 17.
They’ll remain in Scotland until the opening Olympic match, July 25 against France at fabled Hampden Park.
That match happens two days before the Olympic Opening Ceremonies. A day after the Opening Ceremonies, on July28, Pia Sundhage’s team plays its second Group G match, against Colombia at Hampden Park.
The Americans conclude group play against Korea DPR on July 31 at Old Trafford, home ground for Manchester United, of course.
Sundhage has a team of 22 with her in the UK; the 18-woman Olympic Team plus the four players, all of whom were allowed to travel and train with the team for these Summer Games.
(Left: Twitter messages from the official #USWNT feed, and from goalkeeper Hope Solo)
- Jozy Altidore to captain U.S. Wednesday against Czech Republic 0
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 1
- Why Danny Welbeck’s move to Arsenal was the best Deadline Day deal 4
- EXCLUSIVE: Fresh off his club debut, young Emerson Hyndman takes his USMNT chance in stride 0
- From Prague, with love: Klinsmann previews USA’s friendly vs. Czech Republic 4
- Record summer: Breaking the transfer window down, by the numbers 1