Jul 11, 2012, 8:20 AM EDT
The team makes a short trip northeast to Middlesbrough to train at Middlesbrough FC before relocating to Glasgow on July 17.
They’ll remain in Scotland until the opening Olympic match, July 25 against France at fabled Hampden Park.
That match happens two days before the Olympic Opening Ceremonies. A day after the Opening Ceremonies, on July28, Pia Sundhage’s team plays its second Group G match, against Colombia at Hampden Park.
The Americans conclude group play against Korea DPR on July 31 at Old Trafford, home ground for Manchester United, of course.
Sundhage has a team of 22 with her in the UK; the 18-woman Olympic Team plus the four players, all of whom were allowed to travel and train with the team for these Summer Games.
(Left: Twitter messages from the official #USWNT feed, and from goalkeeper Hope Solo)
- Liverpool complete $17 million signing of Belgian striker Divock Origi 1
- Tim Howard joins NBC Sports’ Premier League broadcast team on multi-year deal 10
- VIDEO: US stars fight – Omar Gonzalez vs. Clint Dempsey, DeAndre Yedlin 4
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw trains on his own, told he’s “not fit enough” 2
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 LA Galaxy 2
- Premier, Champions League quotas leave Mourinho desperate to sell Torres 5