Jul 11, 2012, 8:20 AM EDT
The team makes a short trip northeast to Middlesbrough to train at Middlesbrough FC before relocating to Glasgow on July 17.
They’ll remain in Scotland until the opening Olympic match, July 25 against France at fabled Hampden Park.
That match happens two days before the Olympic Opening Ceremonies. A day after the Opening Ceremonies, on July28, Pia Sundhage’s team plays its second Group G match, against Colombia at Hampden Park.
The Americans conclude group play against Korea DPR on July 31 at Old Trafford, home ground for Manchester United, of course.
Sundhage has a team of 22 with her in the UK; the 18-woman Olympic Team plus the four players, all of whom were allowed to travel and train with the team for these Summer Games.
(Left: Twitter messages from the official #USWNT feed, and from goalkeeper Hope Solo)
- Premier League friendly roundup: Southampton draws, Stoke swallowed 0
- Jose Mourinho says “best team lost,” attacks Arsenal’s defensive tactics, as Chelsea beaten at their own game 4
- Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho fail to shake hands, as Gunners boss finally prevails 1
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s Community Shield win vs. Chelsea 0
- Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea: Oxlade-Chamberlain strike wins Gunners FA Community Shield 0
- Report: Manchester United, PSG agree to $70 million fee for Angel di Maria 3