Jul 11, 2012, 8:20 AM EDT
The team makes a short trip northeast to Middlesbrough to train at Middlesbrough FC before relocating to Glasgow on July 17.
They’ll remain in Scotland until the opening Olympic match, July 25 against France at fabled Hampden Park.
That match happens two days before the Olympic Opening Ceremonies. A day after the Opening Ceremonies, on July28, Pia Sundhage’s team plays its second Group G match, against Colombia at Hampden Park.
The Americans conclude group play against Korea DPR on July 31 at Old Trafford, home ground for Manchester United, of course.
Sundhage has a team of 22 with her in the UK; the 18-woman Olympic Team plus the four players, all of whom were allowed to travel and train with the team for these Summer Games.
(Left: Twitter messages from the official #USWNT feed, and from goalkeeper Hope Solo)
- VIDEO: Can Manchester United beat Chelsea? PST Extra breaks it down 0
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 6
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 0
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 5
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0