Jul 12, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
Rainy, cold weather? In England? Well who saw that coming?
Summer actually can be a lovely time in England. Or it can be as the U.S. women’s Olympic team found it this week upon arrival into the northeast reaches of the footy-loving land of fish and chips: on the damp and dreary side.
So coach Pia Sundhage needed to move her team’s first day of training indoors, limited to a gym session rather than kicking the balls to shake off the travel funk.
Watch more about the team’s arrival below. In the video from U.S. Soccer, check out the swell U.S. digs over the next few days – more “English country manor” than “Marriott Anywhere, U.S.A.”
If you watch closely in the background as Amy LePeilbet (pictured) and others talk on camera, you can probably spot a fox jumping an English countryside hedgerow.
- USWNT 6-0 Haiti: Wambach braces US in 90 minute demolition of Haiti 0
- New York Cosmos reportedly sign Spanish legend Raul, will play and coach 0
- Report: It will be Colombia – not Croatia – for USMNT in November 0
- WATCH: West Brom 2-2 Manchester United: Blind earns draw for Red Devils on road 3
- Premier League Playback: Liverpool can’t get rid of Luis Suarez hangover 0
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 2