Jul 12, 2012, 11:07 AM EST
Rainy, cold weather? In England? Well who saw that coming?
Summer actually can be a lovely time in England. Or it can be as the U.S. women’s Olympic team found it this week upon arrival into the northeast reaches of the footy-loving land of fish and chips: on the damp and dreary side.
So coach Pia Sundhage needed to move her team’s first day of training indoors, limited to a gym session rather than kicking the balls to shake off the travel funk.
Watch more about the team’s arrival below. In the video from U.S. Soccer, check out the swell U.S. digs over the next few days – more “English country manor” than “Marriott Anywhere, U.S.A.”
If you watch closely in the background as Amy LePeilbet (pictured) and others talk on camera, you can probably spot a fox jumping an English countryside hedgerow.
- CONCACAF Champions League: D.C. United battered by Alajualense, 5-2 0
- Keller, Hejduk, Conrad headline 13 new eligibles for National Soccer HOF 0
- Europa League roundup: Tottenham, Liverpool out; Everton, La Liga sides advance 0
- Besiktas 1-0 (1-1) Liverpool: Arslan makes, Lovren misses final PK as Reds go out of Europe 7
- Fiorentina ousts Tottenham from the Europa League with 2-0 win at the Stadio Artemio Franchi 1
- Strike season? Real Salt Lake owner calls free agency “go nowhere conversation” 7