Jul 12, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
Rainy, cold weather? In England? Well who saw that coming?
Summer actually can be a lovely time in England. Or it can be as the U.S. women’s Olympic team found it this week upon arrival into the northeast reaches of the footy-loving land of fish and chips: on the damp and dreary side.
So coach Pia Sundhage needed to move her team’s first day of training indoors, limited to a gym session rather than kicking the balls to shake off the travel funk.
Watch more about the team’s arrival below. In the video from U.S. Soccer, check out the swell U.S. digs over the next few days – more “English country manor” than “Marriott Anywhere, U.S.A.”
If you watch closely in the background as Amy LePeilbet (pictured) and others talk on camera, you can probably spot a fox jumping an English countryside hedgerow.
- Hyndman stars as U.S. U-20 team downs Myanmar 2-1 to open World Cup play 0
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: PST’s Best XI of the Season 0
- Blatter’s “Wolf of Wall Street” moment could play out the exact same way 4
- Prince Ali Bin Al-Hussein withdraws from second vote; Cocky Blatter speaks in power, references “offshore” future 35
- FA Cup final preview: Aston Villa underdogs in Arsenal’s pursuit of back-to-back cups 1
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: PST’s Player of the Season 5