Jul 12, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
Rainy, cold weather? In England? Well who saw that coming?
Summer actually can be a lovely time in England. Or it can be as the U.S. women’s Olympic team found it this week upon arrival into the northeast reaches of the footy-loving land of fish and chips: on the damp and dreary side.
So coach Pia Sundhage needed to move her team’s first day of training indoors, limited to a gym session rather than kicking the balls to shake off the travel funk.
Watch more about the team’s arrival below. In the video from U.S. Soccer, check out the swell U.S. digs over the next few days – more “English country manor” than “Marriott Anywhere, U.S.A.”
If you watch closely in the background as Amy LePeilbet (pictured) and others talk on camera, you can probably spot a fox jumping an English countryside hedgerow.
- Done Deals: De Bruyne joins Manchester City in busy day for Wolfsburg 0
- USMNT releases 23-man roster for September friendlies 0
- Swansea City 2-1 Manchester United: Swans comeback stuns Red Devils 3
- Sunday Transfer Rumor Roundup: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Wanyama to leave Saints 1
- Manchester City officially signs Kevin de Bruyne 1
- Watch Live: Swansea City vs Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0