Jul 12, 2012, 11:07 AM EST
Rainy, cold weather? In England? Well who saw that coming?
Summer actually can be a lovely time in England. Or it can be as the U.S. women’s Olympic team found it this week upon arrival into the northeast reaches of the footy-loving land of fish and chips: on the damp and dreary side.
So coach Pia Sundhage needed to move her team’s first day of training indoors, limited to a gym session rather than kicking the balls to shake off the travel funk.
Watch more about the team’s arrival below. In the video from U.S. Soccer, check out the swell U.S. digs over the next few days – more “English country manor” than “Marriott Anywhere, U.S.A.”
If you watch closely in the background as Amy LePeilbet (pictured) and others talk on camera, you can probably spot a fox jumping an English countryside hedgerow.
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3