Jul 13, 2012, 10:10 AM EST
All kinds of important news is breaking out of England today.
John Terry has been found not guilty of violating racism laws. This has been a big talker all week in the UK.
News also just came today that famed Glasgow club Rangers, as feared, will indeed begin in Scottish soccer’s lowest tiers. Officials of the financially re-organized club had submitted a plan to join Scotland’s second tier, an arrangement that would have facilitated a faster climb back into the lucrative Scottish Premier League.
We keep closely following the story of Rangers’ painful unraveling because it significantly affects the careers of three U.S. internationals, captain Carlos Bocanegra and midfielders Maurice Edu and Alejandro Bedoya.
Today’s decision further diminishes any remaining chances the trio, especially Edu and Bocanegra, would remain with the club.
And finally, there’s news / speculation that U.S. international Clint Dempsey and Liverpool’s Andy Carroll would somehow be involved in a swap between the Premiership clubs. Dempsey wants a move to a larger club and Liverpool has reportedly submitted a bid.
- What could Chad Marshall bring to the Seattle Sounder defense? We’ll find out in 2014 2
- NWSL: Houston becomes second MLS franchise to place team in women’s professional league 1
- MLS Re-Entry Draft: As predicted, Portland find a way to get Steve Zakuani 4
- Early approval: Klinsmann extends contract, will serve as U.S. head coach, technical director through 2018 3
- MLS announces Bayern Munich as opponent for 2014 All-Star Game in Portland 4
- WATCH: Can Tottenham stop Luis Suarez and can City beat Arsenal? 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- U.S. national team discussion: The Alejandro Bedoya conundrum (14)