Jul 13, 2012, 7:00 AM EDT
Birthdays of Note: Guillermo Ochoa turns 26 today. The Mexican goalkeeper, who’s staying at Ajaccio, has had his fair share of run-ins with the United States squad over the years, but we wish Memo the best regardless.
Big Important Story of the Day: Can we get a little transfer talk? Who has something heading into the weekend? Anyone? Anyone? Yorks? Motzkin? Bueller?
Real Big Important Story of the Day: It’s Friday. Get out of the office early and start the weekend.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Alejandro Guido
Twitter daps: The New York Cosmos are back, baby.
PST Background noise while blogging today: “Honky Tonk Blues,” for Steve in Texas.
We’ll leave you with this: Darren Mattocks. Still. A. Boss.
- Talking points on Portland’s 2-2 draw with Vancouver 0
- PSG president confirms Saturday was likely David Beckham’s farewell match 2
- As Alex Ferguson says goodbye, Manchester United’s cupboard remains stocked 0
- Bayern Munich finish German season 25 points ahead of Borussia Dortmund 0
- England’s top four: Games that matter in the English Premier League’s last round 0
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago