Jul 13, 2012, 7:00 AM EDT
Birthdays of Note: Guillermo Ochoa turns 26 today. The Mexican goalkeeper, who’s staying at Ajaccio, has had his fair share of run-ins with the United States squad over the years, but we wish Memo the best regardless.
Big Important Story of the Day: Can we get a little transfer talk? Who has something heading into the weekend? Anyone? Anyone? Yorks? Motzkin? Bueller?
Real Big Important Story of the Day: It’s Friday. Get out of the office early and start the weekend.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Alejandro Guido
Twitter daps: The New York Cosmos are back, baby.
PST Background noise while blogging today: “Honky Tonk Blues,” for Steve in Texas.
We’ll leave you with this: Darren Mattocks. Still. A. Boss.
- $410 million Las Vegas soccer stadium deal closer; next stop, Major League Soccer… 4
- Report: Arsenal bid $82 million for Edinson Cavani. Remy, Falcao, Welbeck linked 8
- Confirmed: Neil Warnock takes over at Crystal Palace; what will he bring? 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Whole New World Edition 1
- Samuel Eto’o signs two-year deal with Everton 0
- League Cup Roundup: Manchester United embarrassed by Milton Keynes, 4-0 13