Jul 13, 2012, 7:00 AM EDT
Birthdays of Note: Guillermo Ochoa turns 26 today. The Mexican goalkeeper, who’s staying at Ajaccio, has had his fair share of run-ins with the United States squad over the years, but we wish Memo the best regardless.
Big Important Story of the Day: Can we get a little transfer talk? Who has something heading into the weekend? Anyone? Anyone? Yorks? Motzkin? Bueller?
Real Big Important Story of the Day: It’s Friday. Get out of the office early and start the weekend.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Alejandro Guido
Twitter daps: The New York Cosmos are back, baby.
PST Background noise while blogging today: “Honky Tonk Blues,” for Steve in Texas.
We’ll leave you with this: Darren Mattocks. Still. A. Boss.
- Southampton’s new Canadian Chairman chats growth in North America, NHL roots, Saints’ future 0
- American soccer mourns the death of former MLS player Shawn Kuykendall, 32 0
- Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney muses on captaincies, laments Liverpool’s strong season 0
- Robben and Wenger have war of words in latest Champions League diving debate 2
- Arsenal’s Ozil out for “at least a few weeks” after injury in Champions League 0
- Preview: Barcelona, Manchester City stumble into Champions League second leg; PSG set to rest Ibrahimovic 0
- UEFA Investigate Bayern Munich's Kosovo Related Banner
- Arsenal's $64m Midfielder Strikes Out Again
- CR7 is a Superstar Both on and Off the Pitch
- Pareja Could Have Decision Looming at D-Mid
- Quakes Hit 94th Minute Goal to Tie Toluca in CONCACAF CL
- For the Red Bulls, Mistakes are Better Early Than Late
- If Man City Ever Stood a Chance, it’s Right Now
- Strootman Loss Detrimental to Roma
- Rooney Reveals Desire to Captain United and England
- Thistle Manager Sent Off While Playing For His Team's Under-20s