Jul 13, 2012, 7:00 AM EST
Birthdays of Note: Guillermo Ochoa turns 26 today. The Mexican goalkeeper, who’s staying at Ajaccio, has had his fair share of run-ins with the United States squad over the years, but we wish Memo the best regardless.
Big Important Story of the Day: Can we get a little transfer talk? Who has something heading into the weekend? Anyone? Anyone? Yorks? Motzkin? Bueller?
Real Big Important Story of the Day: It’s Friday. Get out of the office early and start the weekend.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Alejandro Guido
Twitter daps: The New York Cosmos are back, baby.
PST Background noise while blogging today: “Honky Tonk Blues,” for Steve in Texas.
We’ll leave you with this: Darren Mattocks. Still. A. Boss.
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 1
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 9
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top (video) 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear
- NYRB Don't Know What Hits Them in Emphatic 4-1 Whitecaps Win
- John Terry Rules out International Return
- Aberdeen March on in Scottish FA Cup
- 2014 MLS Season: Rebuilding The San Jose Earthquakes
- Players to Watch: Montreal Impact
- Ireland's Premier Division Season Kicks off
- Away-Goal Rule is the Novelty for this Year's MLS Playoffs
- Barrett Nails Last Minute Goal for Seattle 1-0 Victory
- Three Things: Chelsea 4-0 Spurs