Jul 14, 2012, 4:02 PM EST
The New York Red Bulls meet Seattle tomorrow night in one of the weekend’s top matches. Will Thierry Henry be on the field? It’s on grass, so the chances are much higher.
What the high-scoring Frenchman said this week about playing on artificial surfaces:
That is the worst thing for any athlete, playing on turf. I mean no disrespect to the guys playing in the NFL and all of that. They are on the field for one, two seconds sometimes for a play. We run for one-and-a-half hours. That’s not an easy one.”
Henry wasn’t on the field last week as the Red Bulls offense went more or less on holiday in a loss at New England, where the Revolution plays on artificial turf.
David Beckham has also been outspoken about his distaste for playing on the faux grass.
Four Major League Soccer clubs, including all three in the rainy Pacific Northwest, play their home games on artificial turf.
- Player Ratings: Some good, some not so good in Chile’s 3-2 win over the U.S. 8
- Chile 3-2 USMNT: Another lead disintegrates for Klinsmann’s crew 1
- Sheffield United 2-2 Tottenham: Eriksen sees Spurs to All-London final in absolute thriller 2
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Lots will be drawn to determine second place in Group D 0
- Queens Park Rangers’ Canadian winger Junior Hoilett on Toronto FC, relegation battles and more 0
- English FA charge Chelsea’s Diego Costa with violent conduct after stamp, may miss Man City match 2