Jul 15, 2012, 11:35 AM EST
Let’s hear it for Road Rules, MLS version.
Visitors went 4-3 on the showpiece night of Round 19, a pretty healthy record in a league where even the best sides might win just half their road games — and where the worst teams will sneak in a couple of road wins each year.
Sporting Kansas City, Toronto, FC Dallas and the L.A. Galaxy were the road winners last night, and all were impressive in their own way.
The Galaxy’s romp-and-stomp over Portland’s beleaguered defense was the highlight maker and big talker, of course. But Kansas City’s shutout in Columbus will keep pressure on D.C. United for Eastern supremacy.
And how’s this for a kick in the head:
F.C. Dallas was on the verge of something historic. Winless since April prior to last night’s triumph in Colorado, Schellas Hyndman’s team was flirting with a winless streak of historic proportions. It had reached 13 games by Saturday’s trip to DSG Park outside Denver.
But thanks to all the ties lately, and thanks to last night’s win, FC Dallas and manager Schellas Hyndman this morning has the league’s longest current unbeaten streak! Funny how one night can change the narrative so starkly.
- 2014’s Top Ten moments in Premier League – Numbers 5-1 0
- Watch Live: Stoke City vs. Chelsea (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- 2014’s Top Ten moments in Premier League – Numbers 10-6 0
- NBC Sports to air first-ever “Premier League Breakaway” show on New Year’s Day 0
- DeAndre Yedlin granted work permit, heading to Tottenham Hotspur 3
- Geoff Cameron: Eden Hazard is “best I’ve played against” in Premier League 0