Archives › 2012 › July › 16
Jul 16, 2012, 9:10 PM EDT
The Scottish striker won’t be bad in MLS, but is he Designated Player material?
Jul 16, 2012, 6:30 PM EDT
ProSoccerTalk’s Best XI from Week 19 in Major League Soccer includes a guy you may have heard of; they sometimes call him “Becks.”
Jul 16, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
Quick-hit list of people, places and things we noticed over the weekend that land on the over-done or overly praised side. Not necessarily awful but, you know, just “meh.”
Jul 16, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
UEFA’s identified 32 candidates for their Best Player in Europe award, to be handed out August in Monaco.
Jul 16, 2012, 3:20 PM EDT
On another week, Toronto’s midfield destroyer probably would have been honored. Let me explain:
Jul 16, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
Brad Guzan will be back at Villa Park for the 2012-13 season, signing a new three-year deal with Aston Villa on Monday.
Jul 16, 2012, 2:01 PM EDT
Eighteen-year-old Lindsey Horan is cashing in. The former North Carolina-commit will be heading to France on a six-figure deal with Paris Saint-Germain.
Jul 16, 2012, 1:44 PM EDT
The Portland Timbers’ atrocious defending arranged the stage wonderfully for David Beckham. But heavens, what a brilliant two goals they were!
Jul 16, 2012, 1:29 PM EDT
Fabio Capello’s set for another big payday in the international game, with the Russian Football Union confirming the former England boss will take over the Russian national team.
Jul 16, 2012, 12:55 PM EDT
Courtesy of the Italian club’s official website, here are the moving pictures from the U.S. international’s first session:
Jul 16, 2012, 12:01 PM EDT
The U.S. midfielder has signed up for four years at one of Italy’s ambitious clubs:
Jul 16, 2012, 10:10 AM EDT
The team looks strong, but could it have been stronger with the addition of these three men …?
Jul 16, 2012, 8:32 AM EDT
Video: D.C. United went down a man early Sunday in Houston, and things unraveled quite spectacularly from there. Watch the highlights as Houston more or less takes shooting practice in a 4-0 win.
Jul 16, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
What we’re thinking, what we’re watching, what’s coming on the blog today and the RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day). Setting up your day in soccer:
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market 4
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. 27
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? 4
- Looking back at Week 6 of the NWSL season 2
- Movement in the LA Galaxy-Omar Gonzalez situation 6
- Bigger impact on U.S. soccer growth: David Beckham or Pele? (35)
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (27)
- Portland ball kid correct to deny Mario de Luna (12)
- More on Landon Donovan and the U.S. national team roster (11)
- Donovan: “I’ll get my way back in” with USMNT (9)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Play Video: Premier League drama set to thrill
- Play Video: Premier League: Real English drama
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team