Jul 18, 2012, 10:25 AM EDT
If you follow the U.S. women on Twitter, you know they have just uprooted from their quintessentially British manor-like housing in northeast England.
So, coach Pia Sundhage and her women took a long bus ride up to Glasgow, where they’ll bunk in, stretch out, and then begin final prep before the July 25 opener.
From U.S. Soccer, here’s a wrap-up on the week spent in their pre-Olympic training camp on the grounds of Middlesbrough FC. The short camp concluded with a scrimmage against Norway, a 2-0 U.S. win on a goal by Lauren Cheney and an Alex Morgan penalty kick.
- Looking back at Week 6 of the NWSL season 0
- Movement in the LA Galaxy-Omar Gonzalez situation 5
- Premier League managerial pair blast squad and referee following final match 0
- VIDEOS: A brief history of recent “Olimpico” goals in MLS 3
- Where Landon Donovan’s afternoon takes us in the ongoing U.S. national team debate 7
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Live Extra: Watch Blackhawks-Red Wings Game 3
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago