Jul 18, 2012, 6:37 PM EDT
Mr. Henry — that’s “Monsieur” Henry to you, kid — did that thing he does so well Wednesday afternoon in the beautiful sauna that is Red Bull Arena.
The striker ripped a right-footed shot from the left side of the field that dinged off the far post and bounced into the goal. Then, he celebrated by brushing the dirt (possibly the sweat) off his shoulders. Great stuff.
But, was it one of his best ever? Not even close. Check out the top 10 below. We were going to say something snooty like “We really think No. 5 is better than No. 1,” but we’d be lying. No. 1 is awesome.
(If you’d like to spend even more time watching some brilliance, here’s Henry’s Top 25. YouTube is the greatest.)
Massive h/t to our favorite Reuters correspondent Simon Evans, from whom we shamelessly borrowed the idea for this post.
- Looking back at Week 6 of the NWSL season 1
- Movement in the LA Galaxy-Omar Gonzalez situation 5
- Premier League managerial pair blast squad and referee following final match 0
- VIDEOS: A brief history of recent “Olimpico” goals in MLS 3
- Where Landon Donovan’s afternoon takes us in the ongoing U.S. national team debate 7
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago