Jul 21, 2012, 9:19 PM EDT
I suppose this is a soccer blogging cliche now. But let’s not let that stop us.
New England forward Ryan Guy connected cleanly in Kansas City on a Lee Nguyen corner kick, one driven with sure authority. Guy’s powerful header went right at SKC goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen, who was able to beat it away at the goal line.
Or was he? If that ball wasn’t all the way into goal, it was dreadfully close. You tell us …:
- Mike Magee’s arrival can only help in Chicago 0
- Champions League final preview: A bitter rivalry with much higher stakes 0
- With MLS expansion done for now, where the league priorities should land 10
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? 25
- Champions League Final infographic: Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (25)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- With MLS expansion done for now, where the league priorities should land (10)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy