Jul 24, 2012, 6:42 PM EDT
PHILADELPHIA — The face of Major League Soccer is busier than a one-legged man at a roach stomp.
Today, he’s en route from England, where he was doing promotional work for one of his endorsers.
By Wednesday he’ll be available for All-Star selection against Chelsea, according to Major League Soccer officials.
So that means he has flown from California to London once already this week. Then he hopped back to the East coast. Presumably, he’ll jet right back over to England on Thursday, following whatever role he manages at PPL Park outside Philadelphia.
The Galaxy plays at Dallas on Saturday. I’ll checked with L.A. officials this evening; they said everything will be decided later this week. But I simply cannot imagine the former England international participating in the Galaxy’s Round 21 class this weekend.
Logistically it is possible. Even flying commercially, he could get out of London first thing Saturday morning and arrive into Dallas by the afternoon. But considering the toll of so much travel, and considering the heat in North Texas, he seems certain to miss the Galaxy’s weekend match.
Landon Donovan, another All-Star, will definitely miss Saturday’s match, suspended for one game due to yellow card accumulation.
- Atlético Madrid latest club linked with Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández 2
- Romelu Lukaku completes permanent, $47 million move to Everton 4
- Report: US to play friendly vs. Colombia in San Antonio 1
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: Cuadrado to Manchester United, Lukaku to Everton 0
- Steven Gerrard endured “worst three months” of his life after Liverpool, England heartbreak 2
- Premier League on tour, Tuesday roundup: United beat Inter in penalties 1