Jul 28, 2012, 11:16 PM EDT
Montreal goalkeeper Donovan Ricketts has allowed some awfully bad goals this year. But he’s clearly still got the big save in him.
Watch this one, which was equal parts anticipation and athleticism. Ricketts probably has the best wingspan in MLS; when you see him up close, you wonder if he can stand in the middle of the goal and touch both posts.
So when he has a moment like this one, where he seems to know exactly where the ball will go, the man is nearly impossible to beat.
His first half save on Kenny Cooper in Saturday’s 3-1 win over the New York Red Bulls.
- Anyone else think Bayern Munich is playing dirty? 5
- With PSG willing to match Wayne Rooney’s wages, Manchester United has somebody to bail them out 3
- Looking at the United States’ roster ahead of their Canada rematch 1
- A stadium for New York City FC – tougher than you think 8
- Claudio Reyna announced as New York City FC Director of Football 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Possible temporary homes for New York City FC (9)
- WATCH LIVE: Wings-Hawks, Game 4
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1